Walgreens testing for unvaxxed child (freaking out now)

So we took my boyfriends  11 y/o to get tested for the PCR test but the person in the drive thru Window says results may take 3-5 days?  the website says you typically get results in 48 hrs.

What if she doesn't have the results in time?  I'm so nervous now.

You should have done the Rapit NAAT test. You get the results in 2 hrs. I know on the RCCL's website the wording is confusing but unvaccinated children can take the rapid naat since it is consider a pcr test. They can not take the rapid antigen test. My son is unvaxxed and he did the rapid naat and there we received no problem with that test checking in.

when you read "48 hr turn around time", that means 48 hr from the time the lab gets the sample. When you make an appt you should check to see if they process sample on site or have to wait for a courier to pick up the sample and take it to the lab. Also, another question to ask is "Does the lab process samples over the weekend/ 24 hrs/ over holidays?" 

Natalie (ICU nurse)

11 hours ago, JDiggs84 said:

You should have done the Rapit NAAT test. You get the results in 2 hrs. I know on the RCCL's website the wording is confusing but unvaccinated children can take the rapid naat since it is consider a pcr test. They can not take the rapid antigen test. My son is unvaxxed and he did the rapid naat and there we received no problem with that test checking in.

THIS!

8 hours ago, mechols11 said:

Is there a cost associated with the Walgreens test or is it normally covered with insurance?

It’s free & they didn’t even ask for insurance when I used them on 5/27.

NOTE: It was a backup for my older in-laws & they WERE asked for insurance when signing up but didn’t actually get tested there. My guess was it had something to do with Medicare but that’s only a guess.

If people go online and request the free at home COVID tests offered by the US government and test themselves a few times leading up their NAAT testing date; then they will    effectively know the results before they take the submittable test. Think of it as cheating.

All the testing animosity is nonsense.

4 hours ago, bobroo said:

If people go online and request the free at home COVID tests offered by the US government and test themselves a few times leading up their NAAT testing date; then they will    effectively know the results before they take the submittable test. Think of it as cheating.

All the testing animosity is nonsense.

Somewhat true….but if you are going to be positive you can test every day and one of those days you will show positive.  People stepping off the ship with symptoms are showing negative on home tests for 3 days, then popping a positive.  This is how Covid is getting on the ship, the testing is somewhat useless.