Babies eating in dining room

Our grandkids of 8 and 11 months will be with us on our cruise next week, and moms are wondering about packing baby food. If we ask, will the main dining room be able to puree some fruit/veggies/etc that the babies could eat? I would guess the answer is yes, but does anybody have experience with this?

The moms may want to investigate into baby-led weaning.  This is when the babies are given soft adult foods that they can initially gum but soon learn to chew.  The baby can begin as early as 6 months. Baby-led weaning skips right over the puree foods. The babies decide how much to eat.   Here is a couple of things to watch out for: Cut up the foods so the baby can pick it up themselves.  Do not spice the foods - keep them simple.  Make sure at least 1 meal is enriched with iron or the baby is on iron supplements prescribed by their doctor.  Final warning: IT IS MESSY!!  

My granddaughter is now 7.5 months old. Her mom started her on foods when she was 6 months.  She eats a lot of fruits, vegetables, and eggs. Broccoli and watermelon are two of her favorites. They do occasionally give her puree foods when it is convenient but that is even baby-led where the baby is given the spoon with the puree on it.  Did I mention it will be MESSY! 

I think if the kitchen is given enough warning (like a day before), they can make a bland dish that the baby can eat. Good luck and have fun with the little ones on board.  

Yes- we had no problems asking for pureed foods for our littles when we brought them. Our waiter or the head waiter would come over every night and ask us what we wanted for the baby that night. We usually asked for peas, carrots, or sweet potato. Be clear when you order if you only want the veggie pureed. Some times I felt like there may have been some added salt or butter (or maybe they steamed/boiled it in salty water), but it wasn't that big of a deal for us. Also, they also gave us huge portions (like full adult size soup bowl), so just gauge it after the first day to see if you need to just order one for the babies to share.

As a previous poster said, if your grandbabies are also able to eat soft foods instead of purees, I have no doubt the kitchen would accommodate that as well!