Vintages now offering ordering via iPad on Allure of the Seas

JLMoran

Just found this while searching for an example full wine list at Vintages. It's a good use of technology, not sure how long ago they released this video as there's no date I could find on the page, also not sure if / when this is being rolled out to the rest of the fleet. Should be an easy thing to apply fleet-wide as it doesn't require anything more than getting the iPads and iPod Touches and installing the apps / integrating to the ship's SeaPass card system.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/182/savvy-sommelier-digital-menus-at-vintages/

You can now order wines via iPad, and the order is transmitted to iPod Touch units carried by the wine tenders. It will recommend wines based on your existing tastes, and everything is displayed in a much wider selection of languages than RCI could manage with printed menus. And if you order in, say, German, that order shows up translated to the English equivalent on the wine tender's iPod Touch (or, I'd assume, whatever language that person set as their preference).

Apologies if this was actually posted a while back. Searched this forum before posting, didn't find anything.

• 5 months later...
Just now, DocLC said:

Just curious. Does ordering on an iPad make the wines taste any better? ;)

Probably not. I think to myself it would give some added value when I could browse current list and get more information of available wines from tablet. If I still after browsing have something special to ask from sommelier I can. I just usually like to operate that way.