Booster Requirements

Hello everyone! Myself and my family are going on the Brilliance Of the Seas from Venice, Italy this July 3rd 2022. Some of my family members are not boosted and are not planning on getting their boosters. I see from on the website it is “recommended” that we are up to date with our vaccinations but not required for sailings out of Italy. Does anyone know/ or who has recently sailed this ship, know if there will be testing when going ashore to Greece& Montenegro or has that been removed since they are a free entry country now. Thanks so much 🙂 

12 hours ago, Khowa123 said:

Hello everyone! Myself and my family are going on the Brilliance Of the Seas from Venice, Italy this July 3rd 2022. Some of my family members are not boosted and are not planning on getting their boosters. I see from on the website it is “recommended” that we are up to date with our vaccinations but not required for sailings out of Italy. Does anyone know/ or who has recently sailed this ship, know if there will be testing when going ashore to Greece& Montenegro or has that been removed since they are a free entry country now. Thanks so much 🙂 

Welcome to the boards!

At this point, there have been no protocol changes on Royal's side. So expect to test and be pleasantly surprised if things change before July.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:12 PM, Khowa123 said:

Screenshot_20220609-204844_Chrome.jpg

We’re in the same boat (booster wise lol). We sail out of Civitavecchia (Rome) in October and I’m hoping they relax the 270 day rule in Italy. We’re on a 12 night that includes Israel, Greece and Turkey. Israel may still be an issue. They’re pretty strict. 

Testing to get back to the US is a concern too

6 hours ago, Jill said:

We’re in the same boat (booster wise lol). We sail out of Civitavecchia (Rome) in October and I’m hoping they relax the 270 day rule in Italy. We’re on a 12 night that includes Israel, Greece and Turkey. Israel may still be an issue. They’re pretty strict. 

Testing to get back to the US is a concern too

This was released today, as of 12:01 am Sunday 6/12/22 testing to return to US will be stopped.  They will; however, evaluate it every 90 days.  I am so excited to see this as we will be in Europe and back home 86 days from now so we are good to go.  I know several of the places we are going have the 270 day rule but we are boosted so thankfully if it is still there mid-August we are good on that front.

I am in similar boat so to speak.  Three of us aren't boosted (had covid in December) and RCL still has the additional testing requirements for the Greece ports.  Yes, Greece has dropped all entry restrictions- even before Italy- yet it's still being required.  I cannot find any other official documentation of it.  I have no idea why and it's very frustrating.  The only thing I know, is we sailed the Apex last summer in Greece with our unvaxed 10year old.  We could fly into Greece (without him even needing a test) and could island hop as we pleased, but to disembark in port with our kiddo, we had to stay on a ship sponsored tour.  Makes zero sense to me and just continues to give me a headache.  With the new US changes, we are now down to 3 tests (boarding, two Greek stops)- so half of where we were a month ago!

6 hours ago, momk said:

I am in similar boat so to speak.  Three of us aren't boosted (had covid in December) and RCL still has the additional testing requirements for the Greece ports.  Yes, Greece has dropped all entry restrictions- even before Italy- yet it's still being required.  I cannot find any other official documentation of it.  I have no idea why and it's very frustrating.  The only thing I know, is we sailed the Apex last summer in Greece with our unvaxed 10year old.  We could fly into Greece (without him even needing a test) and could island hop as we pleased, but to disembark in port with our kiddo, we had to stay on a ship sponsored tour.  Makes zero sense to me and just continues to give me a headache.  With the new US changes, we are now down to 3 tests (boarding, two Greek stops)- so half of where we were a month ago!

I dont understand why royal still has those protocols in place, since Greece removed all restrictions. I totally understand your headache.

Hello

There is a RCI fb group for each sailing - the 12th June it’s been advised there were no testing at the Greek ports so it may seem the website is out of date ! This has been my confusion for a few weeks now also and finally found this out !