Extremely nervous

Vickiholtz21

I have a 13 year old very shy daughter and we are cruising this year

I had a bad experience with Carnival where I signed her up for kids club when she was 11 and their policy stated that she would always be in an adults care during their program and they left her alone in a hallway on our floor before the event was supposed to be over

My question is, does Royal Carribean make sure that young teens make it back to their parents every night?

My kids are much younger than your daughter, but I seem to recall with teenagers, they have the ability to check themselves in and out of the Teen Club (unlike younger children).  

My suggestion is at the very least to speak to the Adventure Ocean staff on embarkation day and get a clear understanding of what you are expecting.  

I have a 13 year old very shy daughter and we are cruising this year

I had a bad experience with Carnival where I signed her up for kids club when she was 11 and their policy stated that she would always be in an adults care during their program and they left her alone in a hallway on our floor before the event was supposed to be over

My question is, does Royal Carribean make sure that young teens make it back to their parents every night?

I smell a late pick up or some other circumstance that is out of the Carnival's control.

Like Matt, I have a younger child, so I haven't experienced this. However, at that age, I believe the activities are less structured and the kids can come and go as they wish. I know that up to 11, parents need to sign the kids in or out or give permission to allow the kids to do it themselves.

In the evening there is a staff member there to organize activities in the teen club.  However, there is no parental check in or out.  Teens are able to come and go as they please.  Due to that freedom, its not on RC to make sure kids make it back to the parents. 

We typically cruise during Spring Break so very high number of kids.  That week, they will split the teens between 12-14 and 15-17 groups.  That being said, my kids normally go there the first night and meet a few friends. After that, they use the teen club to meet up but then they leave to get ice cream.  I have shy kids and my kids always find a nice group to hang out with in the evenings.  My biggest problem is enforcing a curfew as they stay out later than us.

If you are worried about the freedom, I suggest getting the internet package for 2 devices and use an app like group me to communicate.  

My kids are much younger than your daughter, but I seem to recall with teenagers, they have the ability to check themselves in and out of the Teen Club (unlike younger children).  

My suggestion is at the very least to speak to the Adventure Ocean staff on embarkation day and get a clear understanding of what you are expecting.  

Absolutely, talk to the staff and communicate any possible issues upfront.