Would the Johnny Rockets locations ever be converted to free fast casual locations?

I've been on Liberty, Navigator, and Independence prior to any sort of revamp. You end up with 3 upcharge restaurants, and a Johnny Rockets. I've never been on an Oasis or Quantum ship, but I see the push for stuff like the solarium bistro or el loco fresh or the hot dog one as an additional fast casual option for people to enjoy.

Johnny's cover charge was $5 the last time I was on a ship, and now it is $10 so obviously they are making money from it. And when something is making money, why change. But short of a revamp to add an El Loco Fresh or other fast casual options, what do you think the possibility is of ditching the Johnny Rockets license and converting the locations to a complementary location on the smaller ships?

Are they in too tight of a squeeze right now trying to make up for lost money that losing out on that $10 burger cover is too much to bear or would it allow them to give additional value to some of the older ships without an expensive makeover? I assume they're playing JR for the license and portion of the cover and not the other way around so if it was The Burger Hut or something, would it cost as much to license and operate?

...I'm probably just hungry looking at Shaq's Big Chicken and Guy's Burgers and wishing for more similar locations on the smaller RC ships.

I can't see them getting rid of JR on the small ships.........if it isn't broke, no need to fix it. Nav has an El loco fresh and the big ships have Park Cafe, hot dog places, solarium and cafe promenades. I don't see them getting rid of any restaurant on any ships unless they aren't doing any business. And if they do get rid of a restaurant it will be for a paid kind. 

2 hours ago, endofturn said:

I've been on Liberty, Navigator, and Independence prior to any sort of revamp. You end up with 3 upcharge restaurants, and a Johnny Rockets. I've never been on an Oasis or Quantum ship, but I see the push for stuff like the solarium bistro or el loco fresh or the hot dog one as an additional fast casual option for people to enjoy.

Johnny's cover charge was $5 the last time I was on a ship, and now it is $10 so obviously they are making money from it. And when something is making money, why change. But short of a revamp to add an El Loco Fresh or other fast casual options, what do you think the possibility is of ditching the Johnny Rockets license and converting the locations to a complementary location on the smaller ships?

Are they in too tight of a squeeze right now trying to make up for lost money that losing out on that $10 burger cover is too much to bear or would it allow them to give additional value to some of the older ships without an expensive makeover? I assume they're playing JR for the license and portion of the cover and not the other way around so if it was The Burger Hut or something, would it cost as much to license and operate?

...I'm probably just hungry looking at Shaq's Big Chicken and Guy's Burgers and wishing for more similar locations on the smaller RC ships.

Complimentary Guys Burgers is a major win for CCL that’s for sure! My hope would be RC outbidding Carnival for the Guys Burger Joint poolside when the contract ends and Mr Flavortown becomes a free agent.