Just for Fun - what is your bucket list cruise destination?

DieselsCruzzzzin

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Galapagos Islands.

Port Intensive Ireland (planning for our retirement cruise in 2 years on Azamara)

Norway Fjords.

Also, you are probably better off doing Ireland via rental car and Airbnb type places.  We Did this a few years back and there are so many castles, pubs, rocky shorelines, Cliffs of Mohr, ruins and more.  We stayed with people in their homes and we stayed in rooms above Pubs.  Too much fun and too much to see that I think a cruise ship (even with extended port times) could get to.  Durty Nelly's was Est. 1620.  Murphy's Pub was in Dingle and we stayed in rooms over the pub.

IMG_20170903_143630.jpg

IMG_20170903_114530_937.jpg

IMG_20170904_094050.jpg

IMG_20170904_122510.jpg

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

Also, you are probably better off doing Ireland via rental car and Airbnb type places.  We Did this a few years back and there are so many castles, pubs, rocky shorelines, Cliffs of Mohr, ruins and more.  We stayed with people in their homes and we stayed in rooms above Pubs.  

Thanks, but one of the things we love about cruising is only having to unpack our stuff once.  Moving everything around every day is something we just hate.  And we're just not social enough to stay in other people's homes, lol.  It does look like you had a fantastic time!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't pick just one. But top five, I'd say:

1. Galapagos (with a post-cruise stop at Machu Picchu)
  2. Iceland & Greenland
    • Almost crossed this one off in 2020, but Covid...
  3. Norwegian fjords
  4. Australia/NZ
  5. Mediterranean & Greek Isles
    • I'm taking one soon, but I know I'll need to do that a few times at least before I feel like I'll have really done/seen enough to be satisfied

When I was (considerably) younger my job occasionally took me to the Far East, mostly Hong Kong and Malaysia. My father worked in Sumatra, Indonesia at the time and I once took a side trip to visit the folks for a week while I was in the area. I got to do a little sight-seeing a couple of times, and I'd like to make a trip there with my wife in the not too distant future. Places to visit would include Penang, Bali, Borobudur, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. I also spent a year in Vietnam in the early '70s but I wasn't on the tourist plan. While I have no particular interest in seeing Ho Chi Minh City again (most of my time was in the field, but I spent my last month in Saigon) I would like to see Hanoi. I worked a while with a S. Vietnamese officer who was born there and he had some nice/interesting things to say about it.