xSAILEDx -- Allure of the Seas -- August 20-28, 2022

Hi!

Didn't see this one up on the list so I figured I'd pop it up there. Got a million plans and probably won't be up for any big gatherings/hanging outs but if you see a Black girl with split-dye braids (meaning two colors, one on each side of my head) at any point feel free to say hi!

Color of braids TBD with update to come.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there also with my family, cant wait. Has anyone been to these ports before. I've only been to Haiti port so wondering if anyone has any good recommendations

on excursions at Aruba and curacao, except for diving I don't do that...lol

On 6/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, tiasboy46 said:

I'll be there also with my family, cant wait. Has anyone been to these ports before. I've only been to Haiti port so wondering if anyone has any good recommendations

on excursions at Aruba and curacao, except for diving I don't do that...lol

Actually did Aruba and Curacao last year but unfortunately can't offer too much on excursions. In Aruba we did the DePalm & Lunch but that was sold out last I checked. It was a great island off the island with 3 fun waterslides, free snorkel, included lunch and 2 free booze drinks per person. They have some flamingos to look at and take photos with. The water was pretty rocky and, even with the warning before time, I saw a couple people get banged up from the stones in the water. It's an  overall 3.5/5. They also do a salsa lesson but we unfortunately missed out on that because it started as our boat was leaving.

We didn't get any excursions in advance at Curacao but we did grab a local taxi tour drive. It was nice and the person was really friendly. We actually ran into some of her friends while driving around which was something I think you only get with a local. She took us to some really nice spots and enjoyed talking about the way of life and history.

This year we're taking some touristy tours around Aruba and getting a resort day-pass for Curacao (so...kinda swapping them from last year lol)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • CrimsonCruiser changed the title to xXSAILEDXx -- Allure of the Seas -- August 20-28, 2022
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx -- Allure of the Seas -- August 20-28, 2022
On 9/2/2022 at 2:20 PM, Swar said:

Did anyone have trouble booking specialty dinners with the UDP once onboard? We are on the 17 Sep. Allure.

Don't have the UDP but did have a voucher for dining from our TA and there were no problems booking with that. Nice and smooth. Only issue was that it took a while to show up in the app even though we had booked with our suite concierge beforehand.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:54 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

If anyone is still looking at this already sailed roll call…is Mama Mia back as a nighttime activity?  I was looking at the cruise compass for early June and did not see it listed!  Hoping it’s back as I will be on the Sept 17 cruise.

It was there last week! 3 or 4 performances of it - great fun.

• 1 month later...