xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 18, 2023 (7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise)

Booked this last night!  I know it’s a long way off… 336 days…but really looking forward to this one.  We plan to fly into Rome a few days early to take in the sights and also on the back end of the cruise will take the train to Venice from Rome and spend a few days there before flying home.  
I did a land vacation in Italy back in 2006 with a long time girlfriend (we did our own touring and it was awesome) and always wanted to return to experience this fabulous country with my husband!  Finally going to do just that! 🤗

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

We did this cruise from Rome back in 2018 when the ship was brand new. Wonderful cruise, lots of ports, but also lots of time traveling to and from the ports. We had "Rome in Limo" meet us at the ports in Naples, La Spezia and for the 3 days we stayed after the cruise in Rome. They will put together a package of all the best places to see, provided private guides, and you will get "front of the line" service. They took us to Vatican City, Florence, Naples, all along the Amalfi coast, and even Pompeii. I highly recommend. It wasn't much of a price difference with on the onboard excursions. They used to ( and still may) have a tour sharing package as well where you can find another group/family to split the excursion cost with. In barcelona, we used foreverbarcelona tours. 

As for as the question posted about Barcelona vs Rome- you can embark at either port. Pick the city with the cheapest flights or where you'd like to spend a few extra days. We flew into Marco Polo (venice), stayed 4 nights, then rented a car and drove to Rome to embark. After the cruise we spent 5 nights in Rome and flew home from there. We went in the heat of summer- it was hot!!! Those old dark cobblestone roads and the lack of shade combined with needing to cover from shoulders to knees for the sites (per dress codes) made for an experience I won't soon forget. Still loved every min.ute and I can't wait to return

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Symphony of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 18, 2023 (7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise)
  • 6 months later...

Hello all!

I am new to these message boards. This will be my 3rd cruise and I was wondering if everyone else has the same issue. The cruise planner online doesn't seem to have the usual things to book such as dining, spa, and other random packages. I only see excursions and beverage packages. Is it just me or is this happening to everybody? The cruise is so close and it seems weird to have things unavailable for purchase yet. 

Thanks in advance everyone!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 18, 2023 (7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise)