Check In Question!

1st time with Royal, Oasis of the Seas July 22 -29.  I am working on the check in, just uploaded my vaccination card and it says “validating your record.”  Anyone know how long this takes?  Also, do we need to bring the actual cards to the port for check in?  Might be a good idea to have this as backup if this validation doe not complete itself for some reason.  Let me know if you have any experience with this, thanks!

7 minutes ago, Scott_gunerman said:

1st time with Royal, Oasis of the Seas July 22 -29.  I am working on the check in, just uploaded my vaccination card and it says “validating your record.”  Anyone know how long this takes?  Also, do we need to bring the actual cards to the port for check in?  Might be a good idea to have this as backup if this validation doe not complete itself for some reason.  Let me know if you have any experience with this, thanks!

Validating your Vax card can take a few days to a few weeks. I wouldn't worry at all about it as uploading it now, saves time at the port. And yes, you need to bring your ORIGINAL Vax cards with you for the cruise, regardless of if it's validated prior to the cruise or not. The check in agent may want to verify what you brought matches what you uploaded. 

agree with JC Pats.  you MUST bring the original vax card with you.  They have them uploaded to validate and save time at the pier, however sometimes the pier system goes down and they will most definitely need the original then .  The past number of cruises I have done this year they have asked to see the original card (even though the system was working).  I have mine paperclipped into the back of my passport so I can easily find/access it.   I also do this with the rest of my family members and their vax cards.

1 hour ago, JC Pats said:

Validating your Vax card can take a few days to a few weeks. I wouldn't worry at all about it as uploading it now, saves time at the port. And yes, you need to bring your ORIGINAL Vax cards with you for the cruise, regardless of if it's validated prior to the cruise or not. The check in agent may want to verify what you brought matches what you uploaded. 

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, OrlandoDad said:

That is a really good idea.  Thanks for sharing

If you want to waste/spend a few bucks, Amazon sells passport holders that have a slot for your passport on one side and a window for vax card on the other.

Wife wanted a 2 pack and they were cheap but of course a paperclip works just fine.

We then stuck our other documents like printed covid test and set sail pass in the middle since we find print outs are faster than going through your phone. Made for a nice little document folder.

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you want to waste/spend a few bucks, Amazon sells passport holders that have a slot for your passport on one side and a window for vax card on the other.

Wife wanted a 2 pack and they were cheap but of course a paperclip works just fine.

That's what we have. They are great. Keeps it all in one place

On our last cruise a Large family in line (right in front of us) waited till it was their turn to start searching for paperwork.  Needless to say it took them forever to get it all together.  There are only 4 things you will need to check in.  1.  Passport or certified birth certificate with picture ID.  2.  SetSail pass  (it is better and faster to have a printed copy instead of off your phone) 3.  Original Vaxx card.  4  Proof of negative covid test.  (again it is better and faster to have a printed copy.  Use the one on your phone as the back up)  Paperclip or attach these together in some way for each individual

10 minutes ago, MikeK said:

There are only 4 things you will need to check in.  1.  Passport or certified birth certificate with picture ID.  2.  SetSail pass  (it is better and faster to have a printed copy instead of off your phone) 3.  Original Vaxx card.  4  Proof of negative covid test.  (again it is better and faster to have a printed copy.  Use the one on your phone as the back up)  Paperclip or attach these together in some way for each individual

Well stated. This should be pinned somewhere. Agree 100% about printed copies.

13 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We also purchased the passport holders with the Covid card window.  When we get to the port we put our setsail passes and Covid test in the center...Makes check-in sooo much smoother and faster.  

passport and covid.jpg

We have these (or something similar) in different colors so we know whose is whose -- and will be using them. I usually have a folder with the set sail passes & the passports all together, as well as printouts from anything we pre-purchased - just will add the negative tests (stapled to the set sail passes & held inside each case seems like a good idea) & we'll be good to go! Can't wait for August!!

12 hours ago, Scott_gunerman said:

I just uploaded our Vax cards this past Thursday afternoon and they are still pending.

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

There are only 4 things you will need to check in.  1.  Passport or certified birth certificate with picture ID.  2.  SetSail pass  (it is better and faster to have a printed copy instead of off your phone) 3.  Original Vaxx card.  4  Proof of negative covid test.  (again it is better and faster to have a printed copy.  Use the one on your phone as the back up)  Paperclip or attach these together in some way for each individual

I print Covid results and the setsail pass.  I write each person name (family of 6) in large sharpie print  at the top.  
Covid results:  circle Name, date of test, and result
Passports get a sticky note placed upside down (so it sticks to the page and acts like a bookmark) with each persons name at the top of the sticky note, it is stuck to the page with the passport photo.
Vax card paperclipped to inside back cover of the passport.

I hold all paperwork and the passports (in a small pouch) and pass them out when we get close to the line-I can do this quickly because of the names sticking out/written on top..  
No one had to fumble with their phones (though I suspect the "kids" would be fine.)

The Pier agents love the paper and the organization. (they say so!) We move very quickly.
I collect all passports once through the check in process and deposit them into my pouch.
I collect the setsail pass paper after we scan onto the ship (yes-you still need that setsail pass available-learned that the hard way after I diligently put all my paperwork away.
All paper is used as scrap by me for notes to myself  (like Tip, Safe, Fridge, toiletries for the end of the week)
Onboard we can all use the app for the setsail pass until we get a hold of our seapass card.

If you don't like to use paper I highly recommend a screen shot of the Covid results and setsail pass ...so they are all in a row in the phone, then there is no fumbling to change between apps and "find things".  Also, wifi at the pier can be spotty, so you shouldn't be relying on the wifi to find your documents.

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

I just uploaded our Vax cards this past Thursday afternoon and they are still pending.

When we uploaded them 45 days out from last week's cruise on Harmony, it took about 15 days to be validated.

My young nieces were waiting for their 2nd shots and had theirs uploaded closer to the sail date. They were validated in less than 24 hours.

Short answer... don't worry about it. You have to show them at the cruise terminal anyway.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, Pattycruise said:

I print Covid results and the setsail pass.  I write each person name (family of 6) in large sharpie print  at the top.  
Covid results:  circle Name, date of test, and result
Passports get a sticky note placed upside down (so it sticks to the page and acts like a bookmark) with each persons name at the top of the sticky note, it is stuck to the page with the passport photo.
Vax card paperclipped to inside back cover of the passport.

I hold all paperwork and the passports (in a small pouch) and pass them out when we get close to the line-I can do this quickly because of the names sticking out/written on top..  
No one had to fumble with their phones (though I suspect the "kids" would be fine.)

The Pier agents love the paper and the organization. (they say so!) We move very quickly.
I collect all passports once through the check in process and deposit them into my pouch.
I collect the setsail pass paper after we scan onto the ship (yes-you still need that setsail pass available-learned that the hard way after I diligently put all my paperwork away.
All paper is used as scrap by me for notes to myself  (like Tip, Safe, Fridge, toiletries for the end of the week)
Onboard we can all use the app for the setsail pass until we get a hold of our seapass card.

If you don't like to use paper I highly recommend a screen shot of the Covid results and setsail pass ...so they are all in a row in the phone, then there is no fumbling to change between apps and "find things".  Also, wifi at the pier can be spotty, so you shouldn't be relying on the wifi to find your documents.

Boy -- you make me look disorganized!!  I bow before you.....