Re-testing on board

Yes, my son did. They are going to email you that your kiddos need a re-test and remind you through the Royal App. They will ask you to reserve your slot and advise you where to go. They will also provide a printout of the test reminder. In our case, our room attendant left it on top of our bed a couple of days before. Bring your kiddos' sea pass for the appointment. We were asked to go to "The Attic" at the Symphony for the testing and were the very first in line. We were asked to verify his complete name and his DOB. Swab test via nose. We got the results via email after 20mins. 

All of the above.
The test will be done the day before disembarkation, usually early morning-ending by 9am.  
I was a B2B adult who was tested at the same time.  I did experience issues with the app and results on both my cruises and when I inquired as to my results was told, if you were positive you would know.  hmmm....well they did page some people that day, so I can only assume they were the positive ones.