Cruise Planner

I absolutely agree with @HeWhoWaits.

I've seen a few reports of people putting things in their cart during a sale and then when they actually go to finalise them after the sale has ended the price has gone up.

In fact, prices can go up even during a sale. I have seen this happen with several excursions in my cruise planners in recent months. I guess they probably have a set number of places at $xx and when those are sold it defaults to the next price up.

I also agree with @HeWhoWaits.  I just looked at my credit card statement.  I had to laugh at how many refunds I had received from RCCL because of the things I had purchased and then canceled when I found a better deal.  My husband almost had a heartache when he saw how long the list was.  He thought those were all the items I had purchased, not realizing that some of the items were repeats. 

My advise: keep an eye for those discounts but go ahead and purchase them when you see them.  You can always cancel and repurchase when the price goes down.

WARNING: Don't go just by the % off.  Sometimes RCCL will increase the price but then offer the item at a bigger discount - which may be the same or more than the old price/discount.

I have seen the drinks prices get honored for staying in the cart but not specialty dining. There will be a high chance that it will revert to whatever price it is at the time. So, I echo to purchase at a comfortable price and then if it goes down call and reprice. One thing I should note that unlike internet and drink packages, things like dining packages and excursions are in limitation. So, you can hold in your cart, but they may get sold out. 

1 hour ago, FireFishII said:

WARNING: Don't go just by the % off.  Sometimes RCCL will increase the price but then offer the item at a bigger discount - which may be the same or more than the old price/discount.

@TotalFascnation  Yes, this ^^ is crucial! Never, ever pay any attention to the % off. It essentially means nothing. Look only at the bottom line.

The cart doesn't save the current deal price for you to get at a later date.

I tend to use it as a "wishlist" kind of thing, where I can keep track of what I'm interested in without having to bounce all over the site. Plus, if an item is in your cart, it will populate on your calendar so you can see what your day looks like before having to purchase.