Jump to content

xSAILEDx Voyager of the Seas - Oct 23, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022 (7 Night Canada Cruise)


Recommended Posts

Just got it booked.  House sitter - check.  Flights from BNA - check. Hotel in Boston Seaport district - Check.  Balcony cabin booked - check. Fingers crossed for some sales on the ship packages.

Mrs Fan and I went to Bar Harbor last October at just around this same time (just flew and rented an Airbnb/car).  Leaves were probably still at 85% in fall color (they were starting to drop).  Weather was cool days and if the wind was blowing it was cold (at least for Mrs Fan).  We both grew up in Florida and even though we now live in Middle Tennessee, we are still excited to have a change of season and fall leaf colors on display.  We'll take a warm jacket and some sweatshirt type stuff that we can layer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, teddy said:

We just booked this…..and we live just west of Portland, Maine. 😁

 

 

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

Just booked as well

Another poster stated that the Bar Harbor port stop was cancelled.  Just wondering if anyone had heard the same?  The RCCL website still lists BH as a stop and I have not heard anything from my TA.

Also, I can't figure out what we might do for excursions at any of the ports.  I will probably "YouTube" some information about each place and then figure out what we will do. Honestly, we are just glad to get back out traveling and we love fall weather - the ports are secondary to me and Mrs Fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw the same post, and asked my TA, but she did not know anything.  My app and cruise planner still list Bar Harbor, but there are no excursions listed for that port.  

I had a port cancelled in the Caribbean this spring, and the shore excursions for that port  disappeared before the announcement was made, so I am standing by.  I don't love tender ports so I won't be too sad to miss it, but I would like for them to substitute a different port.  I'm not sure the weather will be great for a lot of sea days in October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This cruise is a cheap getaway for us.   Normally we go to our camp, but when we do, all we seem to do up there is work.  Going on a cruise ensures we will relax.   The ship is our destination as much as everything else. 
 

if the Bar Harbor port call happens, we probably will just stay onboard.  

My wife is from New Brunswick, so in St John we’re trying to set up a meet with some cousins she hasn’t seen in decades. 

In PEI and Nova Scotia, we are just going to go out by ourselves and play tourist.  She may have some long lost relatives in Nova Scotia, but so far no connections. 
 

People think we’re crazy for going on a Canada cruise at the end of October when we could go to the Bahamas on Oasis from New Jersey, but Boston is only a couple hour drive, and we like the Voyager Class ships a lot.  Price played a large role in our choice, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've done a little looking around at the cruise ship schedule for Bar Harbor, and from what I've seen Voyager is still scheduled to be there on 10/24.

It's my wife's birthday, so maybe we'll go in town and grab a bite to eat if we stop there as scheduled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My wife just told me that people in the Facebook group for this sailing are getting Royal Up offer emails.  Most of the replies have said the minimum bids are pricey. 
 

We haven’t received an email, and when I check manually, I still get the Make sure 30 days or less response.  🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, teddy said:

My wife just told me that people in the Facebook group for this sailing are getting Royal Up offer emails.  Most of the replies have said the minimum bids are pricey. 
 

We haven’t received an email, and when I check manually, I still get the Make sure 30 days or less response.  🤷‍♂️

The prices seems pretty high. It all depends on the room you currently have and if it is worth it to bid. I bid the minimum once and got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Voyager of the Seas - Oct 23, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022 (7 Night Canada Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...

The Oct 23 cruise is SOLD OUT! Anyone have any idea why? I bought it because of its very attractive/ value price 6 months ago. I live in Maine, this is wayyyy past peak season and I’d be very surprised if we even attempt PEI. I’m looking forward to a great time but can’t believe it’s SOLD OUT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 11:43 AM, Darkthirty said:

The Oct 23 cruise is SOLD OUT! Anyone have any idea why? I bought it because of its very attractive/ value price 6 months ago. I live in Maine, this is wayyyy past peak season and I’d be very surprised if we even attempt PEI. I’m looking forward to a great time but can’t believe it’s SOLD OUT!

I was hoping for it to not be sold out just to avoid it being crowded.  I figured so late in October that folks would pass.  I guess the pricing was good so people booked.  When I first saw the dates (back in June) and prices, I told Mrs Fan and she was all-in.  We are so looking forward to this trip.  We really have no excursions planned.  I figured that we would walk around the cities that we stop at and spend most of the time on the ship.  I stated earlier that we were in Bar Harbor mid-October last year.  Bring you warm (layered) stuff. Last October, the days were warm-ish, but if the sun was down or under clouds, it was chilly. Top of Cadillac Mountain was downright cold.

image.thumb.png.2bd52175531bc8e1799dcb2c352de5fc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We definitely booked this because of the price and the fact that we don’t have to fly to the port.  

Our choice was go to camp and work on it all week or go on a cruise.  We’ve had very little down time over the past couple years, so the cruise easily won out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's sold out, but has anyone tried or been able to put in a RoyalUp bid for this sailing?  I keep getting the response below:

image.png.6d53d1c078f4b89b322d5eadd9f8ba2a.png

is this the standard website response if they are just not offering RoyalUps?  (Yes I know many times you are bidding on inventory that isn't even there, yadda yadda yadda.  But I've never NOT been able to at least place a bid).  

Either way, with Canada ditching nearly all COVID requirements, it appears vaccinated guests no longer need a pre-cruise test on sailings up to 9 nights (excluding BDA) so I am not counting on a big no-show rate for this sailing.  I am excited for my first Maritimes cruise!  Booked a rental car in Sydney to hopefully drive the Cabot Trail, otherwise no other excursions booked.  Hope the ports aren't fogged in! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

I was sent a Royal Up opportunity as was a friend I am traveling with.  The friend has gotten an upgrade, mine still show submitted.  I bid the minimum so not very hopeful.

I bid on a GS 1 bedroom with Royal-Up.  I have not been notified or seen anything since.  That was back in early August. I figured that it was a no go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I know it's sold out, but has anyone tried or been able to put in a RoyalUp bid for this sailing?  I keep getting the response below:

image.png.6d53d1c078f4b89b322d5eadd9f8ba2a.png

is this the standard website response if they are just not offering RoyalUps?  (Yes I know many times you are bidding on inventory that isn't even there, yadda yadda yadda.  But I've never NOT been able to at least place a bid).  

Either way, with Canada ditching nearly all COVID requirements, it appears vaccinated guests no longer need a pre-cruise test on sailings up to 9 nights (excluding BDA) so I am not counting on a big no-show rate for this sailing.  I am excited for my first Maritimes cruise!  Booked a rental car in Sydney to hopefully drive the Cabot Trail, otherwise no other excursions booked.  Hope the ports aren't fogged in! 

I bid the minimum and was notified I won the upgrade last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone on this sailing "won" a Royal-Up bid?  Just wondering.  If so, do you mind telling which cabin you had and what you ended up with?  I tried to go from a balcony to a GS 1 bedroom.  My bids are still in the queue, but I am not hopeful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Voyager of the Seas - Oct 23, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022 (7 Night Canada Cruise)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...