Price Guarantees

So I'm a first time RCI cruiser, have been on Carnival about 5 or 6 times.  So I am quite confused of the price guarantee part for RCI.

My fiancé and I are going to try RCI on the Oasis of the Seas for our Honeymoon in late May.  She purchased the tickets and paid in full back in November / December.  I happened to go on to RCL after seeing an ad pop up on my facebook news feed about their current sale.

I pulled up our purchase price which is ~$2900 for our tickets, which includes a superior balcony state room.  I pulled up the same cruise with the current sale, and not only is it over $500 less right now, but it included $100 on board credit. 

I tried to find some info about how, if there is any chance, we'd be able to either recoup some of the difference back or at least as a credit of some sort.  RCI's site only talks about 48hrs after a reservation....I pulled up some old posts on this site that talk about paid in full, 90 day penalty time etc, but those were from 2014 and I'm not sure how the current policy has changed since then.

Do we have any sort of case to bring up to RCI?  How would we go about it? :o

Thanks for any input!

EDIT:  So I went a head and called RCI, to see how they'd help me.  He said we were still in time to get money back if it was less.  He checked, said it was $99 less, plus a $100 on board credit. 

Better than nothing I guess, I'm still trying to see where $99 came from though. 

That's tricky... I'd call just to check but if the final payment date hasn't past (I know you said you paid in full) you might be able to get some of it back.  They don't have a price guarantee like Carnival.  Anything is worth a call if it will save money.  If they won't budge, maybe they can give you a perk somehow.   I've been caught with a lower price after the final payment and it does make you mad cause you know they wait until that date to lower the price..

If you are a resident of USA or Canada, you can change the price by rebooking at any time up until final payment date. So as long as you haven't reached final payment date, you should be able to take advantage of the new price.

Also, this is a great example of why I use a travel agent. They re-price it for me and deal with the headache of prebooking.

Excited Cruiser,

Along with Matt I let my Travel Agent handle the price drops on my cruises. 

A word of caution to you if and when you cruise again, it is best to leave a small amount owed just for the reason that if the price drops, you can call your TA or Royal and work with them to get the discount and if there is OBC, that added too!

Very few pay for the cruise in full, most leave a small amount, about $100, until about 5 to 7 days before final payment is due.

Candie

Also, unlike Carnival's price guarantee, Royal will adjust the price to until final payment for North Americans and offers a refundable deposit, whereas Carnival guarantees their price until sailing, but only if you book with a non refundable deposit. After final payment, your not eligible for a refund, but you can upgrade if a higher category drops in price below what you paid.

Matt would you mind sharing who your TA is? I've been looking for a good TA to take care of all these things for me but I don't know where to start looking

Matt uses MEI as many of us do and the agency that is a sponsor of the site. While I know Matt will reply, good words have been spoken of all the agents. I, and of few others, use Michelle Cunningham, who occasionally posts on the boards, and I've also heard good things about Annette and Brock.

• 3 years later...