Royal Upgrade - Refund on prepurchased packages?

I am currently booked in a Boardwalk View Balcony room on the Symphony of the Seas. I have prepurchased, gratuities, Voom internet, Unlimited Dining, and Deluxe beverage packages. If, through the Royal Upgrade program, I bid and win a Star Class suite (which comes with complimentary gratuities, Voom internet, Unlimited Dining, and Deluxe beverage packages), will I be refunded the ~ $2,000 I've already paid for these packages since they are complimentary in my new room?

They should be, but it probably won't happen automatically. You probably won't get a genie email, especially if you get notified only a few days prior to boarding.  We would have found this out in January (booked in a Jr Suite, successfully bid on a Grand 2 BR), but unfortunately had to cancel last minute due to a (+) Covid test for one of our party.  Once onboard, hopefully the Genie will help you, or you could go to Customer service. 

And, Good Luck!!!

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

You will get refunded; the Genie will help if it isn't automatic. However, given that they can literally take up until the day of sailing to notify you. It might get cancelled and come back as OBC. 

Why would it come back as OBC? Aren't those things refundable if you don't use them?  

5 hours ago, Raven said:

Why would it come back as OBC? Aren't those things refundable if you don't use them?  

Roughy two days out the cruise is closed land side and transferred to the ship.  Once the cruise is transferred to the ship everything about the cruise is in the hands of the ship crew.   It's like the ship is another entity, a different operating company, which doesn't get the full credit card of each purchase.  Their solution is to refund in the form of refundable OBC on the ship.