Solo Junior Suite

Hey all, I'm trying to get accurate info for planning purposes. Going solo on a 4 nighter in 23. Right now I'm in an inside cabin. I know for that I'll get 8 points for the solo inside.  I'm assuming if I bumped it up to a junior suite I would get 16. Is this correct?

I've seen stuff on fb 🙂 about triple points 16+4=20 but that doesn't seem right. ((This was booked recently so not under any double point promotion. So nothing like that to confuse the math ))  Thanks

24 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Solo in a JS would get you triple points. That is 12 points on a four night cruise.

Thanks for the answer, I was looking again and found that same answer on cruise critic. I guess I got confused by the triple part and didn't realize they did the points different for suites.

41 minutes ago, DarinM said:

Thanks for the answer, I was looking again and found that same answer on cruise critic. I guess I got confused by the triple part and didn't realize they did the points different for suites.

Points per night is a simple formula.  The base rate is 1 point per night.  +1 if you are in a suite.  + 1 if you are sailing solo (and it's not a designated solo cabin).  So the possible values are 1, 2, or 3 points per night depending on your situation.

Separately, during the restart, it was possible to book under a double points promo which no longer exists for new bookings.  Under that program, the points would be 2, 4, or 6 points per night based on the same conditions above.

The plan is for me to be Diamond before our 30th anniversary cruise in 2025 (TBD). I was trying to finagle a way to get Diamond before our Voyager cruise in 2024 ((I'll have 73 pts before 81 after)) without having to take another cruise but numbers wise or $$ wise or a combo of both ( jumping up to JS on one of the long ones) doesn't look doable. Oh well, Diamond after Voyager it is. 🙂

9 minutes ago, D Alt said:

So is it possible to upgrade/change rooms from interior to JS (not via RoyalUp) in order to get those points by just calling RCCL?  

Yes, if you are booked via Royal Caribbean you can call them. If you booked through a Travel Agent you call your travel agent.

Do a mock booking to check out the price of a JS on the sailing you want to move to, just so you know the additional cost ahead of time.  At times you can be on hold with Royal for quite some time before you can get an agent to speak with.    Do not call it a cancellation of your cabin, you would lose any OBC that may have come with your cabin as well as lose any cruise planner reservations you made.  It is just a cabin change, you keep your original reservation # and you keep your cruise planner purchases and any OBC.

7 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Yes, if you are booked via Royal Caribbean you can call them. If you booked through a Travel Agent you call your travel agent.

Do a mock booking to check out the price of a JS on the sailing you want to move to, just so you know the additional cost ahead of time.  At times you can be on hold with Royal for quite some time before you can get an agent to speak with.    Do not call it a cancellation of your cabin, you would lose any OBC that may have come with your cabin as well as lose any cruise planner reservations you made.  It is just a cabin change, you keep your original reservation # and you keep your cruise planner purchases and any OBC.

Only if that OBC was not part of a promotion. If you upgrade to a JS, you will pay the prevailing rates. So if the current rate you are being charged has the C&A OBC they were giving away earlier in the year, it will go away if you upgrade from an interior to a JS.