Norwegian vs Florida Surgeon General

7 hours ago, Just Me said:

Does anybody know the result or how soon the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals will publish their ruling?  This case was heard on May 18, 2022.

I'm not sure when the 11th circuit will issue the decision, but I honestly don't think it will matter much. I think the cruise lines (being entwined with their ports of call) will have a valid reason to keep mandates on board as long as their ports of call require it. It would be cool to have an end to the mandates, but I think if any courts were going to step in they'd have done it already. Just my two cents. 🙂

3 hours ago, Bowen said:

I'm not sure when the 11th circuit will issue the decision, but I honestly don't think it will matter much. I think the cruise lines (being entwined with their ports of call) will have a valid reason to keep mandates on board as long as their ports of call require it. It would be cool to have an end to the mandates, but I think if any courts were going to step in they'd have done it already. Just my two cents. 🙂

Thanks, Bowen, for your response.  I understand it completely and appreciate your sharing.  I remember, however, Royal using the Bahamas back in August of 2021 (when FL spoke of prohibiting the "passport") as their reason for relevant mandates when Bahamas decided to require them in order to go to their islands.  Royal at that time informed of the need for a customer to book a cruise out of FL that did not travel to the Bahamas (not many available, I noticed) in order to avoid the relevant mandate.  I seem to remember reading that the Bahamas ended their mandate in December of 2021.  I could be wrong.