How exactly do we get to a beach in Bermuda?

zwosh

Hi! First-time family cruisers here! My husband and our girls (11 and 13) and I are leaving on Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore (we live near there) on June 16. We have two days in Bermuda. We just want to spend a relaxing time at the beach and browse a few shops. Would someone please tell me what we need to do to get to the beach? I've searched the forums and people have said their favorite beaches, etc., but I just need to know what we are supposed to do once we get into port. Sounds pretty basic but I'm freaking out a little bit. 🙂

Can we walk? Is there a trolley or taxi? Are there bathrooms? Food? Do we need to bring a towel? What else should we bring? How do we pay for services? Is everything credit card?

I just don't want to be overwhelmed then make a poor choice when we get there and then find out we should've done something differently. We aren't big vacationers so I really have no idea what to expect. Yes, we did already do our Bermuda Travel Authorization.

As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated. I'm getting really stressed about this part of the trip.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Michele 🙂

8 hours ago, Matt said:

You want to go to Horseshoe Bay. You can take the public bus system to the beach.  Taxis in Bermuda are notoriously expensive 

do you recall how much the public bus was?  RC has an "excursion" called Horseshoe Bay beach transfer which i paid $29 to go back and forth to the beach but if the bus is safe, reliable and cheaper than that, who needs the "excursion", right? 

38 minutes ago, D Alt said:

do you recall how much the public bus was?  RC has an "excursion" called Horseshoe Bay beach transfer which i paid $29 to go back and forth to the beach but if the bus is safe, reliable and cheaper than that, who needs the "excursion", right? 

Private mini bus service (no stops between Kings Wharf and Horseshoe Bay) is about $7 per person each way right to the beach entrance.

Public bus is $5 per person in cash (coins only, no bills, no change given) or you can purchase tokens in advance for a little less. Use bus route number 7. https://www.gotobermuda.com/sites/default/files/bermuda-bus-schedule.pdf This method drops you off at the regular bus stop which is about a quarter mile walk to the beach. Be aware that the trip back to the bus stop will be uphill.

Don't freak out Bermudians are very friendly and helpful.  As soon as you get of the ship there should be signs for the Horseshoe Bay shuttles (or you can ask anyone right there).  The shuttle takes you right to the beach entrance and costs $7.00 per person each way and I think is cash only (US dollars are used in Bermuda).  Once you get to Horseshoe Bay they have chair & umbrella rentals (not sure of the price and it might be cash only too) if you want or just bring your pool towels from the ship.  There are also concession stands for food and drink (i would bring cash not sure if they credit cards) and also bathrooms to change out of your wet things.  Just a friendly reminder that before you head back to the shuttle make sure that your bathing suits and/or clothing are dry and that your items are not covered in sand. 

4 hours ago, MaryS said:

Don't freak out Bermudians are very friendly and helpful.  As soon as you get of the ship there should be signs for the Horseshoe Bay shuttles (or you can ask anyone right there).  The shuttle takes you right to the beach entrance and costs $7.00 per person each way and I think is cash only (US dollars are used in Bermuda).  Once you get to Horseshoe Bay they have chair & umbrella rentals (not sure of the price and it might be cash only too) if you want or just bring your pool towels from the ship.  There are also concession stands for food and drink (i would bring cash not sure if they credit cards) and also bathrooms to change out of your wet things.  Just a friendly reminder that before you head back to the shuttle make sure that your bathing suits and/or clothing are dry and that your items are not covered in sand. 

Thank you so much, Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

8 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

or, just walk off the ship.  To the right you'll see a mini golf place on the hill,  just to the right of that is a beach (fee based) 5-10 minute walk at the most.   Also, I have to agree with Mary S, Bermudians are very friendly and helpful people.

The mini golf you mention isn't just any old putt putt course. Bermuda Fun Golf consists of holes based on famous holes at 6 courses in Bermuda, 6 courses in the US, and 6 courses in Great Britain. The trickiest hole on the course for me was the Rode Hole from St. Andrews.

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The mini golf you mention isn't just any old putt putt course. Bermuda Fun Golf consists of holes based on famous holes at 6 courses in Bermuda, 6 courses in the US, and 6 courses in Great Britain. The trickiest hole on the course for me was the Rode Hole from St. Andrews.

... and a nice place for a beverage after your round o' golf, with an awesome views of the ship