YOLO Booking!

Question:  In reality, what is the closest to a cruise you can really book?  Are we talking a week? Two weeks?

Reason:

So with the hotel prices being what they are in the areas we were trying to look for a "long weekend" trip, it looks like it would be cheaper for us to:

Drive from Kentucky to Port Canaveral

Buy the Refreshment Package

Take a 3 night cruise

Drive home from Port Canaveral

This is even after factoring in gas and parking at the port and possibly stopping in the Atlanta area to sleep for a few hours and then continuing on.  We're stuck not leaving until at least 6:00 PM the night before the cruise due to work schedules, so it's drive through the night or sleep over about half way there.

Obviously, the earlier we can leave the better, but we won't really know when we can leave until closer to the date and it's looking like it will be this cruise or stay home and chill.

Why "force" in the cruise?  if we are able to squeeze in a 3 night cruise this year, then we will reach diamond after our other two cruises we have booked, meaning that we probably wouldn't need to purchase a drink package on the cruise we will probably take early in 2023 with her parents, saving us at least $300.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Don't forget to add in the gratuties to your cost.
If  the weekend you are thinking of is a few weeks away perhaps try doing a mock booking for this weekend and see when you are cut off.

Yesh, the gratuities are included in my numbers I forgot to list them 🙂

basically it boils down to we could do a whole cruise for less than what only the hotel would cost us.  

I’ve done a few mock bookings and the the weekends were looking at still seem open, we will have our TA do it once we decide and in reality we will probably make that decision soon just to get it over with.

thanks!

If the cruise isn't sold to capacity, it can be as close as 24-48 hours out that you can book.

I find that the weekend cruises are nearly always a better deal than a hotel stay for the same length of time. With the costs of food and hotel I come out ahead even solo..add others and the value is even better.

Caveat is it's not often that the prices super last minute don't skyrocket close to sail date.