Crown & Anchor - First Cruise on RC

This is my first cruise on Royal.  I noticed they automatically set me up with a Crown & Anchor loyalty number, but not my wife and daughter.  Does anyone know if they will automatically do that for them after the cruise or do I need to apply for a number for them?

34 minutes ago, David A said:

This is my first cruise on Royal.  I noticed they automatically set me up with a Crown & Anchor loyalty number, but not my wife and daughter.  Does anyone know if they will automatically do that for them after the cruise or do I need to apply for a number for them?

You might talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship, otherwise, call Crown and Anchor Society after the cruise.   When my son got married, he had to call CAS to get his wife credited with his status.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You need to apply to get it formally set up but you can always do that.  They’ll count any cruise you’ve ever taken

We took a cruise in the 90s on the Nordic Empress (which has since gone through name & ownership changes).   Will they count that cruise?  Will they be able to, as we hold no documentation of the trip (except for our scrapbook pictures!)?

17 hours ago, PRMLVM said:

We took a cruise in the 90s on the Nordic Empress (which has since gone through name & ownership changes).   Will they count that cruise?  Will they be able to, as we hold no documentation of the trip (except for our scrapbook pictures!)?

Yes, any Royal Caribbean cruise you've ever taken if you can provide sail date and your name. They should be able to look you up.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, Matt said:

Yes, any Royal Caribbean cruise you've ever taken if you can provide sail date and your name. They should be able to look you up.

Nope.  I called the Crown & Anchor phone line listed on RCI's site, and was told that they do not honor any requests made more than 12 months after sailing.  She would not honor our '90s trip (or any trip over 12 months ago).

On 6/5/2022 at 7:57 PM, meoswald said:

I had a very similar experience, sailed Nordic Empress when I was in college in 2002.  Last year we booked our first cruise with Royal since then.  Called C&A, and they were able to find the original booking, and they gave me points from the cruise 20 years ago

Wish I had the same luck.  I called the C&A line and the lady told me no points could be added for any trip more than 12 MONTHS ago, let alone my 20+-yr old cruise! 😒

1 hour ago, PRMLVM said:

Wish I had the same luck.  I called the C&A line and the lady told me no points could be added for any trip more than 12 MONTHS ago, let alone my 20+-yr old cruise! 😒

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/past-cruise-points

Q

How do I get credit for past Cruise Points that have not posted to my Crown & Anchor Society membership?

A

As a Crown & Anchor Society member, your level in the program depends on the number of cruise vacations you have taken. To receive Cruise Points, please contact the Crown & Anchor Society and have the following information about your previous cruise(s) on hand: membership number, ship name(s), sail date(s), and booking number(s). We require proof of sailing to be able to add Cruise Points to your account.

Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing. 

46 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/past-cruise-points

Q

How do I get credit for past Cruise Points that have not posted to my Crown & Anchor Society membership?

A

As a Crown & Anchor Society member, your level in the program depends on the number of cruise vacations you have taken. To receive Cruise Points, please contact the Crown & Anchor Society and have the following information about your previous cruise(s) on hand: membership number, ship name(s), sail date(s), and booking number(s). We require proof of sailing to be able to add Cruise Points to your account.

Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing. 

Yep, exactly.  It didn't even occur to me to ask for the points for such an old sailing, until I read the comments above.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, tho!

9 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

Yep, exactly.  It didn't even occur to me to ask for the points for such an old sailing, until I read the comments above.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, tho!

Now, to be honest, I believe that policy is there to protect their inability to find any old cruises.  If they find your sailing, they will award your points and status.  If they don't, they have a policy to fall back on.  JMHO

8 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

Now, to be honest, I believe that policy is there to protect their inability to find any old cruises.  If they find your sailing, they will award your points and status.  If they don't, they have a policy to fall back on.  JMHO

That makes some sense.  She asked for my current C&A number and called up my account and seemed to be poking around in there...but asked NO details about the unaccredited cruise.  Just read the policy out loud to me.   I would have been tickled to have a 30-yr old, non "Of the Seas" cruise count but I can't say I'm surprised it doesn't.   (It was our first cruise....life happened...then in Jan 2020 (!!) we finally started cruising again!  We didn't even THINK to ask for the prior credit, since cruising was brand new all over again to us).

So I just got back from our cruise on Symphony and I talked to the person at the C&A desk.  Super easy she just assigned them a number and linked them to the reservation and all should be good.  On the Symphony they had a Crown and Anchor desk in the back of the Schooner Bar.  By the way we had an amazing time last week.  Weather was great in all the ports.  The pool and elevators were a more crowed then I would like but all else was wonderful and it was a great first impression for my family.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, meoswald said:

I had a very similar experience, sailed Nordic Empress when I was in college in 2002.  Last year we booked our first cruise with Royal since then.  Called C&A, and they were able to find the original booking, and they gave me points from the cruise 20 years ago

Same here! I couldn't believe it, but they found our original booking, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, Matt said:

FYI only:  Just wanted to update with the "final" word from RCI about adding the cruise we took in the early 90s (final, because aside from some scrapbook pictures, we have no proof of sailing):

"Please note; the Crown & Anchor Society did not begin until January 1, 1997. Sailings taken prior to this date are often unable to be located in our system and will require proof of sailing for review to possibly provide Cruise Points. If you have a copy of your SeaPass card for your missing sailing, you may forward that to us for additional review. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. 

Please be advised that we are no longer able to manually add missing Cruise Points, more than 12 months after the sailing's completion, unless we can locate the past sailing within our records. The more information you can provide us, such as booking numbers, the better we can search our records for any missing sailings. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. "

1 hour ago, PRMLVM said:

Please be advised that we are no longer able to manually add missing Cruise Points, more than 12 months after the sailing's completion, unless we can locate the past sailing within our records.

That's definitely a different answer than the previous version where they told you it had to be less than 12 months old.  This version seems in line with most people's experiences.  Too bad you don't have the right kind of proof.

25 minutes ago, Salty Law Dog said:

My parents got credit for an early 90’s cruise by providing copies of pictures and a well worn cruise compass (or whatever it was called then) from their scrapbook! 

We did the same thing. Our honeymoon cruise was in May 1994 on Majesty. We sent them a few pictures and they credited us the 7 nights.

2 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

We did the same thing. Our honeymoon cruise was in May 1994 on Majesty. We sent them a few pictures and they credited us the 7 nights.

ok, guys, we will try this after this holiday weekend!  Will let you know if it works.......

• 3 weeks later...