Online check in question

14 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Does check in open at midnight on the date? And is it it important to get on as soon as it opens to get an early boarding time?

Caveat... check-in has been having issues lately for some cruises. As an example, I couldn't check in at all via the app for my 7/15 Indy B2B on day 45. I could via the website but couldn't select an arrival time until like day 42. And there's nowhere to upload my vax card at the moment. Website says use the app, app says check-in has checked out, lol.

All that said...

1. Yes, when working properly, midnight, or shortly thereafter.

2. Is it important? That varies by cruise. The early times seem to be taken first but they may not be gone by morning. Also, fwiw, I chose the earliest time (11am) at midnight on day 45 for my Harmony cruise this past week. A few days later, 10:30am was suddenly available so we switched.

Hope this helps.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Caveat... check-in has been having issues lately for some cruises. As an example, I couldn't check in at all via the app for my 7/15 Indy B2B on day 45. I could via the website but couldn't select an arrival time until like day 42. And there's nowhere to upload my vax card at the moment. Website says use the app, app says check-in has checked out, lol.

All that said...

1. Yes, when working properly, midnight, or shortly thereafter.

2. Is it important? That varies by cruise. The early times seem to be taken first but they may not be gone by morning. Also, fwiw, I chose the earliest time (11am) at midnight on day 45 for my Harmony cruise this past week. A few days later, 10:30am was suddenly available so we switched.

Hope this helps.

Yes thank you, another question. I’m traveling in a group of 15 arriving by bus, how strict  are they if a part of the group is in a later time slot. Sorry I haven’t cruised since before covid when nobody respected the times lol.  

21 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Yes thank you, another question. I’m traveling in a group of 15 arriving by bus, how strict  are they if a part of the group is in a later time slot. Sorry I haven’t cruised since before covid when nobody respected the times lol.  

Enforcement of check-in time varies (greatly) by port, ship, day, etc.

19 hours ago, Meangreen said:

When my check in went live at midnight last Friday but it wasn't until 9 am CST the before I could select a check in time.

It took 3 days after check-in for me to be able to select an arrival time last week. As I mentioned earlier, RC was having technical issues (shocking I know).

The app didn't let me do anything until yesterday when it was back to functioning normally (all sections of check-in) for my Indy B2B on 7/15 and 7/18.

You SHOULD be able to complete everything as soon as check-in opens at midnight 45 days out, but that's only when the system is actually working properly.