New England and Canada

Floski

So, much to my chagrin, my wife isn't too keen on going back to the islands this year.   :angry:

So, an alternative is that we go up to New England and Nova Scotia.  I figure we would leave out of Port Liberty.

Have any of y'all done this one?  It's 9 nights on Anthem, so that will be cool.  And September should be nice.

RCCL currently has a nice discount of an Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony for outside pricing - basically, for

two of us, we get $1145 off, resulting in a cost of $3081.   I think that's a pretty good deal.  I only have 57 hours

to make up my mind.  Might just do it.  

Suggestions?  Recommendations?

We did the 7 night out of Boston on Serenade in late Oct, 2016, and caught the foliage at the best time (according to our tour guides...maybe they say that to everyone). Loved the whole trip!! Each city had something to offer. We love visiting lighthouses, and were able to see 10 throughout the week. Loved Peggy's Cove in Halifax, Stewman's restaurant in Bar Harbor, whoopie pies in Portland, and the reversing rapids in St John. And of course a good lobster roll anywhere up there.

Would totally do it again. I really want to take the one out of Quebec someday.

Done it a couple times, once with Princess out of New York. Last year on Celebrity Summit out of Port Liberty. Cruise is great, port is terrible compared to others.

Newark airport is less than great !!!!!!, Cab from hotel (next to airport) to cruise terminal was $75 and no, it ain't that far. Will be nice and just say that the cruise terminal and surrounding area need a little sprucing up.

Beautiful places to see, October is better for fall foliage. Been to Halifax 3 times now and have yet to really see the area. Fog and rain all 3 times, still determined though. Would go again tomorrow if I could.

post-4043-0-91464400-1486718862_thumb.jpg

Its a good deal for the ship and the balcony rate I think for 9 nights.....

weather is still nice up this way then..porb low 70's or higher on some days.

Leaves wont have changed by then but it will certainly be a different cruise than going south.

But why not do something different, its a good deal and the wife will be happy!

We did Canada for our honeymoon 13 years ago.  Sailed early October.  It was my first RCL cruise (actually, first cruise ever) and when I became a RCL loyalist.  We absolutely loved it!  The weather was chilly - high 50s - 70s most days.  Definitely needed more than the windbreaker I had taken.  The swimming pools on board are generally empty but it's because it's too cold to swim. 

We're sailing on Anthem in April this year, out of Port Liberty.  Going up a day early to go into NYC.  Newark is not the best of airports.  I was planning to uber vs. taxi.  Uber tends to be cheaper.  Unfortunately, public transportation in NJ is sort of a pain if you're not familiar.

This is one of my dream trips. I wish they released the 2018 schedule already since I'm booked up this year. I'm trying to get my wife to watch sports, so we decided to start this tradition that whoever wins the Super Bowl/NBA Finals, we would then visit that city. It just so happens New England won, so I'm using it as an excuse to book another cruise.

I did this exact cruise on Anthem this past August. It was one of my favorite cruises.. Bar Harbour was my absolute favorite port. I love that this is a sightseeing cruise because since I live in florida everyday is hot and sunny for me so the caribbean does nothing for me. Also, Anthem is a great ship which such unique amenities. You will have a great time. Pull the trigger and YOLO book it!!

Guest toodle68

We have both Alaska and New England on our to do list..  We have a full 2017 and 2018 so 2019 is the earliest and decided to just do one of those that year..  We decided on Alaska for 2019 because it is just so very different than anything else we have done..  so eagerly waiting, and hoping that June 2019 schedule comes out this March 13th..  New England is going to have to wait until 2020..  :(

Sometimes Caribbean islands can get repetitive, I think it's good to mix it up now and then.

I'm mixing it up by doing the ABC islands down south, kinda the same as normal but really very different. Then it's Alaska in September.

Sooner or later we'll have to go across the pond for a change.

I really love cruising but after many cheap Caribbean trips I feel we're not seeing the world like we used to.

Btw, I live in Halifax and am familiar with St John too, if you decide to pull the trigger and have any questions drop me a line.