What did I miss?

Our 4 night cruise in October got changed to a 7 night cruise by RC.  The email I got said if we decided to go ahead and keep the cruise - 

• You'll automatically be moved to a like-for-like stateroom on the new 7-Night October 14th, 2022 Navigator of the Seas sailing. So, there's nothing for you to do except enjoy the extra nights on us!
  • You'll enjoy your sailing in a Oceanview Balcony, stateroom number 9692, and all your amenities will remain the same.
  • Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for the difference

Our original cruise was paid in full and what I understood the message to say was that we were responsible for taxes, gratuities,  etc.  Any ideas why I now have a balance due of over $1000?? 

2 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

Our original cruise was paid in full and what I understood the message to say was that we were responsible for taxes, gratuities,  etc.  Any ideas why I now have a balance due of over $1000?? 

They likely haven't done that part of converting over the sailing yet. You should contact your TA or give Royal a call so they can get it straightened out.

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

No, it would be extended for free

No actually all of that is being refunded and I have to rebook.  Everything I had booked in the cruise planner has been canceled according to all the emails I got, I should have refunds for that within the next couple of weeks.  Anything not cruise fare was canceled and refunded.

19 minutes ago, FrHoffard said:

No actually all of that is being refunded and I have to rebook.  Everything I had booked in the cruise planner has been canceled according to all the emails I got, I should have refunds for that within the next couple of weeks.  Anything not cruise fare was canceled and refunded.

This is how I suspected they would handle it.  I was hoping I was wrong.  What a screw job for everyone who booked their CP purchases early and got good pricing.  Now everything is much higher, I’m sure.  Sorry to hear this.  😢