Green card as main id to board ship?

My stepdaughter is a 15yr Canadien citizen who is currently living in the US.  We sent in for her passport renewal months ago and still haven't received it from Canada. Royal Caribbean told us that she wouldn't need her passport for our closed loop cruise July 8th out of Cape Liberty to Bahamas, has long as she has valid Alien resident card/Green card which she has. Does this sound right? I'm getting a little nervous with almost 30 days before the cruise.

I had both my passport and green card with me when we went for a cruise two weeks ago. I was told to bring both items by RCCL. For boarding, it was the passport that I provided but I saw that those who didn't have any, they presented their birth certificate. This makes me think that a green card would suffice. Maybe you can also bring the papers that show that she applied for renewal and her birth certificate for good measure. Better call RCCL and clarify again. When we got to Bahamas, they did not look for passport or greencard.

18 hours ago, jaedam0820 said:

I had both my passport and green card with me when we went for a cruise two weeks ago. I was told to bring both items by RCCL. For boarding, it was the passport that I provided but I saw that those who didn't have any, they presented their birth certificate. This makes me think that a green card would suffice. Maybe you can also bring the papers that show that she applied for renewal and her birth certificate for good measure. Better call RCCL and clarify again. When we got to Bahamas, they did not look for passport or greencard.

Thank You