Spotted: 15.00 Sabor Dinner on select ships/sailings

marti314

I see it too for $15 on our upcoming Harmony sailing, but it's still showing the ala carte menu??? I called Royal this evening to ask what we actually get for $15 since all Oasis class ships are ala carte at Sabor. They told me they are in the process of eliminating the the ala carte menu and it will be a cover charge only restaurant fleet wide. The $15 is a current sale price on selected sailings. Only time will tell if this is all true.

I am now wondering if RCL will consider my BOGO and two discounted sabor specialty reservations are 3 or more pre cruise planner specialty dining reservations and offer the rebate.  Either way i do not want to change them but extra money would be great.  Truth be told it will probably be paid right back in TIPS but makes me feel good to be able to reward great service.

Does this mean that Sabor on Oasis is now a cover charge restaurant.  When I booked Sabor on Oasis for my cruise in a couple weeks I wasn't charged anything to make a reservation.  Will this mean that I lucked out and will get to eat here for free on for the dinner I already booked coming up on my cruise in a couple weeks?

Does this mean that Sabor on Oasis is now a cover charge restaurant.  When I booked Sabor on Oasis for my cruise in a couple weeks I wasn't charged anything to make a reservation.  Will this mean that I lucked out and will get to eat here for free on for the dinner I already booked coming up on my cruise in a couple weeks?

Sounds like not yet.  The only way they could do this is to stop taking reservations for the 0.00 al a carte and start the fixed price but I would think that puts them like 9 months out from starting this.

Sounds like not yet.  The only way they could do this is to stop taking reservations for the 0.00 al a carte and start the fixed price but I would think that puts them like 9 months out from starting this.

I guess I should have disclosed that if I now attempt to make another reservation for Sabor during the same sailing it's wanting to charge me the $15.00 per head.  I'm confused. haha  Are they going to have 2 types of menus for my sailing.  One for the people that booked it a la carte and another for the people that paid $15 when they booked it?

I guess I should have disclosed that if I now attempt to make another reservation for Sabor during the same sailing it's wanting to charge me the $15.00 per head.  I'm confused. haha  Are they going to have 2 types of menus for my sailing.  One for the people that booked it a la carte and another for the people that paid $15 when they booked it?

The Royal Confusion.  Thats a great question.  

According to Wilson, it is a forthcoming change.  Highly doubt there will be two models.  If the rumors are true, at some point they will switch over between sailings.

Sabor is 15 on my June 4th Oasis of the Seas cruise as well.  I don't think you can make lunch reservations but that's when I plan on going to it.

We made the dinner reservations for day 6, but do not intend to keep it. Once onboard we are going to request that it be transferred to lunch. If they will not do that we will just cancel the reservation and get a refund.

Our April 2nd sailing on Liberty has the $15 dinner for Sabor on the cruise planner.  Then right below it they show the menu with a-la-carte pricing including a "DINNER TASTING MENU $20".  

I am guessing you can order whatever you want for the $15 charge.  Does anybody know?

I only spent $21 for three people when we ate there for lunch under the a la carte menu, so this wouldn't be beneficial to my family. I also wonder if there will be a discount for kids.

I think it's like the drink package in that if you have a cover charge, you're more likely to order more since the cost is the same to you.

For those of you who have done sabor before, Is 3 times at sabor on a 9 night cruise too much?  I have day 4,6,9 reserved for Sabor Dinner.   I like the idea of being able to utilize the drink package in there and try all the margaritas in those 3 trips.

Three times is a good start if you ask me  :lol:

This was a mess for me.  I am going the first week in April on Harmony and initially had a free reservation at Sabor for my family of 6 (2 adults + 4 kids).  Last week, I went to switch nights due to competing plans and it made me pay $15 a person.  Of course, I hadn't read this thread yet and was confused by the web page showing ala carte pricing, the $15 charge, and the fact that I was changing a reservation by one night.  It took me 3 calls to get a straight story on what was happening.  The real frustration here for me is I am sure I would have spent way less ala carte with 4 kids.  (Certainly not $90.)