Flying from UK

I'm not going to lie. We're down to 5 weeks to sail date and we're flying Manchester to Rome. Except. Airport chaos is bringing a lot of anxiety. Flights cancelled last minute etc. We're flying on a RC package flight. Does anyone know what happens if the worst case scenario happens and we can't get out of the airport to reach our port check in? I'm a worrier by nature, and news reports of how bad it's been is not helping!

For flights purchased through Air2Sea there is a phone number for travel emergencies.  Make sure you have those stored in your phone or available by other means.

However I'm not sure that UK residents on packages use Air2Sea or a different agency behind the scenes for travel coordination.  Somewhere in the documentation there should be a contact number for travel emergencies.  You could call Air2Sea and ask them if they service your flights.  

1 hour ago, DonnaRMC said:

We were supposed to fly Edinburgh to Amsterdam to Rome, but I'm terrified if flying so driving down to Manchester for a direct flight. We've been counting down for almost a year, and the lack of staff is honestly terrifying me!

As i mentioned on another thread Its not just the lack of staff thats the issue...yes airports across the world are understaffed as are many other industries but whats not helping at any airport are the passengers who cannot follow simple instructions that are in plain sight of them all over the place.

Do not take liquids exceeding 100ml in cabin bags

Take your ipad or kindle out of bags etc etc etc  

At Heathrow last week at the security check point there were 4 spaces each side available for passengers to put their belongings onto the trays, after about 5 minutes this was reduced to 1 each side due to staff having to search bags in trays that showed up items listed above.

This is 1 of the major issues with airports right now but its not being highlighted because passengers are not going to complain about themselves being the issue 

We're parking at the airport, and have paid to fast track check in and security checks. The liquid thing has been common knowledge for years. And electronics? Who does that??? I'm a major prepper. I have a file for all our travel docs in order of need, I have our travel sized toiletries ready for the main suitcase, you name it. I would say I can't believe people are being so stupid, but, well, I can sadly. I just hope our flight isn't cancelled!

Hi.

I flew from Mcr to Majorca and back Friday 27th/Friday 3rd. 

Security was not much of a problem, we had paid for fast track and were straight through but normal security I'd say was 30-40 mins. Our main problem was Easyjet bag drop. Huge queues, no staff, most machines out of service.

Airport no fun at all generally, lack of food in boots, some places closed, 45 min wait for a table to be able to buy a drink at the bar!

We were delayed both ways BUT we made it thank goodness.

I'm flying LHR to Rome with BA the day before our cruise. I'm nervous of disruptions and we have booked independently, I'm checking all flights after ours and early next morning just so I'm aware of my options.

Flying is really no fun at the moment 😞