Lost and Found

Good afternoon: 

I left my black garment bag outside of my room, in my last cruise in March 2022. Item was reported lost as requested; obviously they have not found my bag and I see this message. This means I lost my items (including my flight jacket, which is unreplaceable) and Royal Caribbean does not care?????  Who will be responsible for my items that the cruise line handled??? No one?? this is ridiculous

• Reported lost at Royal Caribbean International on 2022-03-21 12:49:46 -04:00
  • Current Status

• According to our system records, unfortunately, your item has not been found during the active search period and is no longer being actively tracked. 
    It will remain on file and you will be notified if it does get turned in.
  • What Happens Next?

• If your item is found, you will be notified by email with instructions on how to recover.  Please add [email protected] to your trusted senders so you will not miss any updates.
  • Please note, Chargerback™ manages the software used by lost and found to track your item's status, but we are not involved in the search process and do not handle or have access to any of the items themselves. Therefore, while we can provide status information we are unable to address any specific requests or questions about your particular item.

Quick Links

In 2015, Royal lost my wife's suitcase disembarking at Southampton.  We filed a claim with Royal first, because their negligence caused the loss.  They asked for receipts on lost items and after a lot of hassle gave us $300.  My wife contacted a Royal executive who upped the amount to a total of $400.  The items lost were worth more than that.  We then filed our claim with Allianz, and we received additional $$.    Our claim with Royal was started at the port when we discovered our bag wasn't there.  Best of luck!

PS.  We now carry our luggage off the ship to avoid accidental losses.

26 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

In 2015, Royal lost my wife's suitcase disembarking at Southampton.  We filed a claim with Royal first, because their negligence caused the loss.  They asked for receipts on lost items and after a lot of hassle gave us $300.  My wife contacted a Royal executive who upped the amount to a total of $400.  The items lost were worth more than that.  We then filed our claim with Allianz, and we received additional $$.    Our claim with Royal was started at the port when we discovered our bag wasn't there.  Best of luck!

PS.  We now carry our luggage off the ship to avoid accidental losses.

Similar story for us out of Galveston....only difference was that I told Royal to stuff it where the sun don't shine.  They can keep their $300.  The bag alone was worth more than that.  Luckily all that was in there were a bunch of dirty clothes but I sure hated losing that big piece of TravelPro luggage with the lifetime guarantee !  Yes, I had travel insurance but it wasn't worth the hassle.  They never did recover the bag.

I do walk off with all of my luggage so I don’t know the answer, but….do they have somebody checking luggage tags at the pick up area in the port? I mean, is it like the airport carousel where anyone can just grab a piece of luggage and walk away with it…either by accident or on purpose? I remember years ago at the airport (Newark) they used to have someone checking the tags to make sure before I could leave the carousel area with a bag.

18 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I do walk off with all of my luggage so I don’t know the answer, but….do they have somebody checking luggage tags at the pick up area in the port? I mean, is it like the airport carousel where anyone can just grab a piece of luggage and walk away with it…either by accident or on purpose? I remember years ago at the airport (Newark) they used to have someone checking the tags to make sure before I could leave the carousel area with a bag.

I remember that too.  Wasn't very convenient but I bet lost/stolen baggage claims went wayyyyyy down.  

A number of years ago sailing on the Sovereign of the Seas we lost a piece of luggage at Miami coming home.  RCCL searched but to no avail.  We filed with our insurance through our cruise agent.  We received what I thought was reasonable recompense and replaced the luggage and items.  About three months go by and a FedX Truck leaves a fairly large package at the front door.  You guessed it our wayward luggage appeared.  According to the receipt Delta Air Lines was the sender from St. Louis, MO.  Of course we've never been able to figure it out but it makes a good story around the suites Lounge of an evening.  We contacted the insurance company who told us to enjoy that it would take too much paperwork to reverse the claim.  Hope you get your item back.

Bill

We disembarked the Allure this morning, we were leaving around 0800hrs and I was shocked at so many people walking off huge roller board luggage bags, one family had two little ones both pushing one bag that was bigger then the kids, mom and dad also had additional bags, it looked painful.  In the concierge walk off stand by lounge (champagne lounge) there was more luggage then people, and now I know why. Wow this thread is timely. We didn't participate in the Sky walk off and just left on our own, we were super fortunate to hit a pocket and were off the ship unencumbered in minutes since we left our bags out the night before. 

Now what's the point of this story you are asking ? Well we each have one bag, if it doesn't fit it doesn't sail. I place matching ribbons so we only grab ours. Well one bag was there, one! In the area labeled suites there was one! We spent at least 20 minutes walking around looking for my ribbons. The bags were placed in a numbered area, nearby and opposite the suites, Star & Pinns area. Point being for a hot second I was like, really? We placed these bags out at 2000hrs together, what a journey they must have taken. 

I love the convenience of the service but after what I felt, that panic feeling I may be walking off my own luggage next time. Okay @WAAAYTOOOanother Star perk I really missed today!

Okay and one more gees, someone kept charging drinks to our accounts after the first two I told the concierge, he tried to help but I heard the person on the other side saying it had to be us! No, we are sailing next week and they had no White Zinfandel so we had water & ginger ale. Okay while not removed 0.00 was reflected on account. Day 3, Day4, Day 5 more drinks, Trellis Bar, Chop's Grill. Problem being there were so many people we avoided this area so someone was just writing down our cabin number or giving our cabin number or the servers in put our number. I had to go to the Guest services several times to have them removed. Ugh, it was so frustrating, so accusatory. I missed my Genie, he/she would have that under control in a minute. Pulling up my account and seeing drinks charged to the cabin felt like a violation, who does this?? Oh boy, Rant OVER!

It’s disappointing that the Concierge couldn’t take care of the drinks issue (the charges, I mean). They’re supposed to be able to handle such things.  You should not have had to go stand in line at GS.  I sure hope whoever was charging them got caught.  After the first time it happened they should have closed your Seapass account and given your new card and account. 

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It’s disappointing that the Concierge couldn’t take care of the drinks issue (the charges, I mean). They’re supposed to be able to handle such things.  You should not have had to go stand in line at GS.  I sure hope whoever was charging them got caught.  After the first time it happened they should have closed your Seapass account and given your new card and account. 

YES! This is what I requested and I was told they couldn't do it. Every day at least 2 charges then nothing on the Aruba stop and then bam, sea day 2 more charges. I can't even articulate the frustration. The final bill was sorted but it took a great deal of my time and effort. They wanted to just add "free vouchers" to my account for me to use, so pre paid essentially from the charges the other person made. I wanted to pull my hair out. 

36 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Okay and one more gees, someone kept charging drinks to our accounts after the first two I told the concierge, he tried to help but I heard the person on the other side saying it had to be us! No, we are sailing next week and they had no White Zinfandel so we had water & ginger ale. Okay while not removed 0.00 was reflected on account. Day 3, Day4, Day 5 more drinks, Trellis Bar, Chop's Grill. Problem being there were so many people we avoided this area so someone was just writing down our cabin number or giving our cabin number or the servers in put our number. I had to go to the Guest services several times to have them removed. Ugh, it was so frustrating, so accusatory. I missed my Genie, he/she would have that under control in a minute. Pulling up my account and seeing drinks charged to the cabin felt like a violation, who does this?? Oh boy, Rant OVER!

We were on Symphony back in March while at CocoCay with Independence.  While at the floating bar, the bartenders also just asked for cabin number.  There was nothing preventing a person from picking a random cabin from either ship.  If the cruise line is not going to require the card every time, then they should have given you the benefit of the doubt from the very beginning.  It's surprising and disappointing that guest services would not make it right, because they typically do.  

9 minutes ago, Peter D said:

We were on Symphony back in March while at CocoCay with Independence.  While at the floating bar, the bartenders also just asked for cabin number.  There was nothing preventing a person from picking a random cabin from either ship.  If the cruise line is not going to require the card every time, then they should have given you the benefit of the doubt from the very beginning.  It's surprising and disappointing that guest services would not make it right, because they typically do.  

That is what hubby felt, he said someone heard me somewhere he thinks it was whist maybe taking a ships photo? I was like listen I know there are cameras, look at me look at the cameras it wasn't either of us. Just sad but even the Guest services made me feel like they thought I was scamming them. First time something like this on Royal, maybe the crew member was having a bad day.

• 3 months later...

We forgot a bag on the Quantum of the Seas in Seattle.  It was left in the cabin in an overhead compartment so it was secured.  We realized it was left shortly after disembarking and put in the chargerback notice before ever making it to the airport.  We called Royal Caribbean that same day and they pointed us to chargerback and told us to let the process move forward and that it could take a month.  One month later we get the notice the it was not found (The bag that was left in our cabin was not found).  After a long time on hold I get ahold of Polly at RC who gather additional details.  I send a picture of the bag to her as well.  A few days later that is a report about the bag and we should be contacted about retrieval steps.  A few weeks later no update so after several e-mails with no response we get a response from Polly that she is sorry we have not heard anything and she requested an update.  That was the last I ever heard from Polly.  So my wife some other e-mail addresses on a customer advocacy site, and sent them out tale of woe.  We got a response back from Geno indicating a few items were on record, but other things were disposed of apparently.  We would also get 150.00 refund which didn't come near covering the cost of the items much less some of which could not be easily replaced.  So more back and forth trying to figure out how this happens.  A bag in a cabin is forgotten and it pretty much disappears (all the info you need is there.  Bag in cabin x check records oh persons a,b,c were in this cabin and there is all of the information).  This should be the easiest "lost and found" case of all time.  Moving on they tell me to contact the warehouse with a Landed Goods Advice number, and also they gave an additional 150.00 refund.  I think to myself why can't they do this, but whatever.  I call a few times.  It took about 3 calls, but I got through far quicker then anything with RC.  I gave them the number, and the answer... It was picked up by RC Lost and Found on September 6th.  So I replay back to Geno telling him that.  I am now waiting for a response to see if there is any hope of getting any of our property returned.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, BrianB said:

Sadly, can still confirm that no one on staff is checking tags. We've had good luck so far, with the staff able to locate misplaced bags but each close call makes me wonder if we should try hefting our many bags out by ourselves.

1 hour ago, Mike77 said:

We forgot a bag on the Quantum of the Seas in Seattle.  It was left in the cabin in an overhead compartment so it was secured.  We realized it was left shortly after disembarking and put in the chargerback notice before ever making it to the airport.  We called Royal Caribbean that same day and they pointed us to chargerback and told us to let the process move forward and that it could take a month.  One month later we get the notice the it was not found (The bag that was left in our cabin was not found).  After a long time on hold I get ahold of Polly at RC who gather additional details.  I send a picture of the bag to her as well.  A few days later that is a report about the bag and we should be contacted about retrieval steps.  A few weeks later no update so after several e-mails with no response we get a response from Polly that she is sorry we have not heard anything and she requested an update.  That was the last I ever heard from Polly.  So my wife some other e-mail addresses on a customer advocacy site, and sent them out tale of woe.  We got a response back from Geno indicating a few items were on record, but other things were disposed of apparently.  We would also get 150.00 refund which didn't come near covering the cost of the items much less some of which could not be easily replaced.  So more back and forth trying to figure out how this happens.  A bag in a cabin is forgotten and it pretty much disappears (all the info you need is there.  Bag in cabin x check records oh persons a,b,c were in this cabin and there is all of the information).  This should be the easiest "lost and found" case of all time.  Moving on they tell me to contact the warehouse with a Landed Goods Advice number, and also they gave an additional 150.00 refund.  I think to myself why can't they do this, but whatever.  I call a few times.  It took about 3 calls, but I got through far quicker then anything with RC.  I gave them the number, and the answer... It was picked up by RC Lost and Found on September 6th.  So I replay back to Geno telling him that.  I am now waiting for a response to see if there is any hope of getting any of our property returned.

I hope they're able to get it back to you!

Well the story comes to an end.  We will be getting headphones and binoculars back.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All our LGA are being Handled by our landing agent (Hellman). According to the ship staff ,the duffle bag was located but they had a 30 day window to retrieve it. After 30 days if they don’t claim their items they will be discarded by the ship staff but the valuable items will be sent to our shoreside office. We only have the  headphone and the Binocular here in our Weston warehouse. These items will be shipped prepaid  on 09/19/22 via FedEx.

I then advised of the attempts made to retrieve these times, including those that was discarded. Here is the outcome of that investigation.

The entire duffle bag was turned in immediately upon finding. On 07/04 RGEM we received the first inquiry. On 07/08 RGEM instructed to complete chargerback. At that time an active search was created. On 08/03 another call made to RGEM, however, at that point the team could not match the contents. Therefore, the bag was turned into customs to our shoreside warehouse for processing. Due to customs regulations, as stated above, items were discarded, except of those that we could recover. This process would have been different if the luggage was found ONSHORE. The luggage gone through customs and the entire luggage could be processed by the warehouse to reunite to our guest.

At this point, we have no concluded this issue and have assisted in all our best efforts. Please be advised of the upcoming shipment made through FedEx in the upcoming week. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chargerback process takes 30 days before you get the Oh well notification.  So this was doomed from the start.  The part that rankles though is that the bag was found in the cabin.  At that point you know who it belongs to.  The chargerback case included the cabin number.  So a tiffany's bracelet lost, several books lost, a very unique bag lost.  What is truly frustrating is that it took an additional month and change to get this small bit of information.  I had to demand the detail of what happened from the initial report.  Yes it is on us that we forgot the bag, but we did everything in our power except try to re-board (which I'm sure would have impressively failed) to get the bag left in our cabin back.  Instead we get a few token items.  I'll be curious if they are actually our items given how this process has gone.

• 1 month later...

We disembarked Harmony of the Seas on October 19, 2022.  Left in our stateroom were two valuable pieces of jewelry.  Realized in the terminal and no one could help me. So frustrating.  Called emergency number and made a lost  and found report immediately and still no response.  So sad that Royal doesn’t step up to the plate to their passengers needs. 

Unfortunately based on these stories, it sounds like the white tornado that is turnaround day means anything left behind gets lost in the shuffle. It's really unfortunate but with so much going on in and so much other stuff to keep track of in such short time, it seems almost guaranteed that lost and found items will get the shaft. It's probably procedure to gather them all in one place, catalogue as best as possible onboard, shuffle it off to land staff who then have to match the loosely catalogued items to any reports made. It WOULD make sense if they could label the lost items with the room number they came from, the ship staff could provide land staff with the names and contact info of the passengers last in those rooms...but...I'm sure there's a reason why they don't bother.