Wheelchair question

I will traveling with my 86 year old mom to Bermuda. We have never been so unsure how far the walk is once you get off the ship to transportation.  Will I be able to get her a wheelchair or do they have a shuttle to talk her if unable to walk it

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, Cindyb said:

I will traveling with my 86 year old mom to Bermuda. We have never been so unsure how far the walk is once you get off the ship to transportation.  Will I be able to get her a wheelchair or do they have a shuttle to talk her if unable to walk it

I would recommend that you bring one with you or rent a wheelchair before the cruise to use both on and off the ship.  It will come in handy for those times when there is a lot of walking and having a push wheel chair available to you, will allow for full mobility throughout your travels.  It could also help get you to locations faster, should a rain shower pop up.  

Good luck!

7 hours ago, YOLO said:

There are shuttles from where you get off the ship to where there is transportation. 

That's if you can fight off the younger able-bodied folks from hogging the damn thing.  I'm a very able-bodied old person that really feels sorry for the older folks that aren't as fortunate as me to be very healthy, standing out in the hot sun, looking like in pain, just trying to get on a shuttle.  It, and I don't say this out loud often, breaks my heart to see how they are mistreated by far too many able-bodied folks.  I've actually seen a young family of 4, kids looked to be pre-teen, run and hop on a shuttle/tram while an old man was trying his best to move his legs as quickly as he could to get to the shuttle/tram.  They had to avoid hitting him to get to the shuttle/tram.  Sickening I tell ya.  I wonder if it was their grandfather, would they be so callous?