Packing eMed Tests - Carry-on or "Packed"?

We were wondering, with the eMed Tests, do you pack them in luggage (no temperature control or do you bring them with you in your carry-on luggage?  I don't want to take the risk of ruining any tests due to heat and or cold, conceding the cost and we do NOT want to scramble at the last minute.  We are flying a few days in advance and sometimes it is really hard to get a coivd test.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, not easy being green said:

We were wondering, with the eMed Tests, do you pack them in luggage (no temperature control or do you bring them with you in your carry-on luggage?  I don't want to take the risk of ruining any tests due to heat and or cold, conceding the cost and we do NOT want to scramble at the last minute.  We are flying a few days in advance and sometimes it is really hard to get a coivd test.

Thank you!

We did both on a recent trip, mostly because we didn't trust the airlines-- a couple in carry-on and a couple in checked bags.  Supposedly, cargo holds are now pressure and temperature controlled.  (If you think about it, our boxes of test kits were probably shipped to us by air.)  My concern now is that I notice the boxes bend a tad with handling, and sometimes the seal becomes unstuck at one edge.  I just push it back down.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm more worried about them getting smushed than anything.

FWIW, I took mine in my carry-on

Mine got smashed a little and the proctor gave me a little pushback about it being opened. In the end he accepted it, the inside package was unopened.

I had extra but it is a legit concern. 

7 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Today we received 8 more of the free Government tests.   Got lucky and all of them are the IHealth brand. 

692AA1ED-30B9-47E6-A265-9B036F942C5E.jpeg

My guess:  They're not approved for travel anymore because they don't perform at home virtual test monitoring anymore.  But, the test is still approved by the FDA under the EUA, Emergency Use Authorization and the Letter of Authorization is available on iHealth's website.  So, again, I guess that if you find a certified testing site that performs proctored testing, it will be good.  

Did not know they stopped proctoring.   They were never our primary plan…Got Walgreens scheduled for next Wednesday.  Our Walgreens is back to scheduling a week out.  Would of been a nice back up though since they were free and the proctor cost was reasonable.  We have heard about another proctoring company that allows testing with multiple brands of test kits.  Don’t know anyone who has used it though.

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/individual-testing/virtual-result-verification/

I did carry on.  I live in a warm state where luggage can sit for hours without air conditioning.  Max. temp on the tests is mid 80s.  On a hot day in a cart with a tarp over it its easy to get over that temperature.   Heck I'm not sure how USPS delivering these types of tests can deliver them and keep them below 85.  

17 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Today we received 8 more of the free Government tests.

How long ago did you order the tests? I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still haven't received them. I won't be using them for the actual cruises, but nice to have if you are experiencing symptoms and want to make sure you will test negative.

14 minutes ago, The Fox said:

How long ago did you order the tests? I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still haven't received them. I won't be using them for the actual cruises, but nice to have if you are experiencing symptoms and want to make sure you will test negative.

I ordered mine about a week ago and I just got an email from the USPS that they will be delivered on June 16th.  They sure have slowed down a bunch.  When I first ordered mine in Feb or Mar, it only took about 3 days from order to delivery.  I guess priorities have changed.

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

Ordered on 26 may through a post office website.

COVID Home Tests | USPS

On 6/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, Suite Snob said:

My guess:  They're not approved for travel anymore because they don't perform at home virtual test monitoring anymore.  But, the test is still approved by the FDA under the EUA, Emergency Use Authorization and the Letter of Authorization is available on iHealth's website.  So, again, I guess that if you find a certified testing site that performs proctored testing, it will be good.  

For the trip / flight back from London I may use the government supplied test and then use the Certified Telehealth services from Onpoint. 

Certified Teleservice COVID Testing - OnPoint Testing (onpoint-testing.com)

For $14 seems like the best price option.  This test and proctor service was acceptable for a coworker of mine who recently flew back to the states from Paris.

(For the pre cruise i plan on using the Abbott / EMED since it is one recommended by RCCL)

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We are packing leftover eMed tests in carryon in two weeks for personal use.  If we feel sick, we want to be able to test ourselves before trusting Medical with our fate.

I think it is noble of you to do so.  I'm sure you've seen the numerous posts about how the rapid tests are not picking up a positive test result until you've had symptoms for a number of days.  
Medical uses the PCR testing, which is more accurate.  
Hopefully you won't have any symptoms and can go test free!