Cruising During New Years Eve

AGSLC5

HI Everyone, my fiance's parents have surprised our whole family and are taking us on Allure of the Seas on Dec 28 2014 during New Years Eve. I have always wanted to do this but because of the very high cost have never done it. I know Royal does special things on Holiday cruises but I am just wondering if anyone has been on a New Years cruise and knows maybe exactly what they do? Love to hear from everyone! - Stephanie 

HI Everyone, my fiance's parents have surprised our whole family and are taking us on Allure of the Seas on Dec 28 2014 during New Years Eve. I have always wanted to do this but because of the very high cost have never done it. I know Royal does special things on Holiday cruises but I am just wondering if anyone has been on a New Years cruise and knows maybe exactly what they do? Love to hear from everyone! - Stephanie 

Hi Stephanie , I haven't cruised with RC over the New year but we have with other cruise lines and it was absolutely fantastic  :)  :) and I am guessing that RC does similar to the following. From around 21:00 we went to the pool deck for a party and when we got there it was fab , we were given hats and blowers and even some glow sticks and then danced to a live band under the stars. At around 23:45 we were all given Free Champagne to see in the new year and then just after midnight we had a disco till the early hours it was AWSOME.

Click this link and it will show you New Year on the Oasis which i'm guessing will be similar to the Allure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s3iIo0nTog 

Hi Stephanie , I haven't cruised with RC over the New year but we have with other cruise lines and it was absolutely fantastic  :)  :) and I am guessing that RC does similar to the following. From around 21:00 we went to the pool deck for a party and when we got there it was fab , we were given hats and blowers and even some glow sticks and then danced to a live band under the stars. At around 23:45 we were all given Free Champagne to see in the new year and then just after midnight we had a disco till the early hours it was AWSOME.

Click this link and it will show you New Year on the Oasis which i'm guessing will be similar to the Allure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s3iIo0nTog 

Thanks Dave, It sounds like it will be a blast. I'm glad you think it was worth it and I liked the link so thank you for that as well. 

I have Allure of the Seas' webcam of the Royal Promenade as my desktop wallpaper. I remember being excited to see what would happen for New Year's Eve. I saw they had large bags filled with balloons hanging from the ceiling.

Unfortunately, the webcam feed stopped for about twenty minutes right around midnight. By the time it was live again around 12:20 AM, the Royal Promenade was practically empty and there was pretty much no sign of the balloons anywhere. I was surprised just how quickly it all wrapped up.

Still, it would have been quite exciting to be there.