Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program

As we are contemplating on cruising during the hurricane season, is the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program enough to cover possible cancellation/trip interruption costs? Would this cover the cancelled/delayed flights before or upon return and cancelled hotel reservations due to severe weather?

RCCL is no different than other commercial travel insurance accept RCCL is the underwriter or seller.  RCCL travel insurance covers you from leaving the front door until you return to your front door.  Trip interruption and evacuation medical.  Our Cruise Lady always checks prices when booking our trips.  Usually if we are using RCCL's air2sea the RCCL insurance is a better price.  Our upcoming AOS is insured through RCCL and we also have our air through air2sea which was cheaper because of discounted first class airfare.

Bill

Flights would be covered if you book air2sea, but you lose some flexibility...personally, on a recent cruise, I couldn't use a commuter airline with Air2Sea recently because it wasn't in their system. So, I did third party insurance and booked the flight on my own saving about $300. I have found third party insurance to be close to the same cost as getting it through my TA or Royal. I also always book refundable.

The cruise insurance should cover cruise issues caused by common carrier delay or cancellation, but the carrier would be responsible for its portion. If you don't  insure the air travel, carrier could claim weather or ATC caused your delay, hotel costs, or rerouting costs to the cruise. So I believe in insuring your  air travel. Just had a problem with AA who switched planes and then claimed ATC caused our delay! Now waiting on Allianz to reimburse lodging.

We got an annual policy through Allianz. Covers every trip within 100 miles from home. We up’d cancellation coverage to $10k since we have 2 bucket list cruises and a trip to Scotland plus a regular Caribbean cruise. 

Royal wanted $1,000 to insure just the Alaska cruise. 

My annual policy with Allianz is $1200. No brainer