Height increase soles for Ultimate Abyss?

Please don't try to cheat height limits. They don't put limits on these things just for fun or to mess with children, it's part of their safety protocol. It's been determined that anyone under these heights is at risk for injury. Trying to do something to get under height or weight limits on any ride or attraction puts the rider at serious risk. Look what happened to that boy in Orlando who was over the weight limit for that drop ride (although that didn't seem to be his fault, the ride operators didn't seem to post or train their employees on the limits). This sounds dramatic but I promise it's not worth risking. 

7 hours ago, Cirasa said:

Your son won't miss much if they don't let him through.  The Ultimately Abyss is more like an ultimate disappointment, it's too sticky and I ended up stopping a couple of times during the slide and had to crawl out of the tube for the last 20ft.

Well that's kinda scary.

I would love to go, but am sadly likely over the weight limit (working on that), and mobility challenged to boot.  However, I do remember a time when oldest DD (now 32) was about 4 yo, and we brought her to Sesame Place, & wanted to go down one of the water slides. Options were single rider in a round tube (which she was too small for), or 2 riders in a figure eight shaped tube (2 holes to sit in). She was in front, and couldn't quite reach all the way around my leg for the hand hold, so she just grabbed my leg.  Well, we go down, all twists & turns, and riding up & down the sides of the tube as you go, when on one of the "up the side" times, the weight differential between us made the inner tube fly out from under us, and we continued through the chute without it.  I grabbed the top of her bathing suit, and held on til we got to the bottom, when she flew away from me & into the pool at the end. 

Keep in mind, DH had gone ahead of us in a single tube, and was waiting at the pool for us to come out, and saw our inner tube come flying out without us.  Then we came out, lifeguards were there, and one of them grabs for me, who is sitting upright in about 3 feet of water, & and of course I'm yelling at him to find my daughter, as she is the one who went under!!  

We all survived, and she was fine afterwards, but I've been a bit leery of really long slides since that time

8 hours ago, IzzyB said:

Ok, this is my worst nightmare being claustrophobic.  I thought you were on a mat?

You are on a mat.  My husband, 10 and 8 year olds, and I all went down smoothly.  It was a lot of fun. 

On 6/4/2022 at 1:50 AM, Cirasa said:

Your son won't miss much if they don't let him through.  The Ultimately Abyss is more like an ultimate disappointment, it's too sticky and I ended up stopping a couple of times during the slide and had to crawl out of the tube for the last 20ft.

Maybe the slide needed to be cleaned?  Which ship did you do it on?  We were on Oasis and we went down quickly.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:39 AM, Kirsten said:

You are on a mat.  My husband, 10 and 8 year olds, and I all went down smoothly.  It was a lot of fun. 

Maybe the slide needed to be cleaned?  Which ship did you do it on?  We were on Oasis and we went down quickly.

Symphony, I went on the Oasis 6 weeks later and it wasn't that much better.  Didn't stop half way but still had to crawl out at the end.

On 6/4/2022 at 12:50 AM, Cirasa said:

From all the videos, I've seen that there is a mat....is the mat use optional?
If so, may I ask why you would opt to go down without one? I feel like humid air + plastic slide + bare skin is a pretty reliable recipe for getting stuck....

On 6/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, ChanaC said:

Please don't try to cheat height limits. They don't put limits on these things just for fun or to mess with children, it's part of their safety protocol. It's been determined that anyone under these heights is at risk for injury. Trying to do something to get under height or weight limits on any ride or attraction puts the rider at serious risk. Look what happened to that boy in Orlando who was over the weight limit for that drop ride (although that didn't seem to be his fault, the ride operators didn't seem to post or train their employees on the limits). This sounds dramatic but I promise it's not worth risking. 

I also echo this.

You may not want to deal with a momentarily disappointed child but I'm sure you'll both be much happier disappointed vs hurt or worse.

Those inches may even come in before the cruise. Naturally.