Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen home Test kit Refund

I bought the test kits that Royal Caribbean requires from the Optum Store. Spent over $600 for the 11 people in my party. Neither Medicare or my health care advantage plan will reimburse me the money because I didn't use the free test kits that Royal Caribbean  does not accept. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know the procedure to get a reimbursement? Thanks for your help.

John

8 hours ago, John Frank said:

I bought the test kits that Royal Caribbean requires from the Optum Store. Spent over $600 for the 11 people in my party. Neither Medicare or my health care advantage plan will reimburse me the money because I didn't use the free test kits that Royal Caribbean  does not accept. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know the procedure to get a reimbursement? Thanks for your help.

John

Where does Royal require you to purchase test kits from the Optum Store?  Where does it say that Royal doesn't accept other tests?  The iHealth test kits that are telehealth approved that the U.S. Government sends out for free are acceptable.  HOWEVER, iHealth has since discontinued doing the at home, telehealth, proctored testing.  But, there are others.  Royal is only partnered with Abbott/Optum and advertises the product.  Nowhere does it say that that is the only acceptable test.  

Maybe another hit and runner!

8 hours ago, John Frank said:

John

Federally funded health care plans are (conveniently) exempt from the rules surrounding testing reimbursement.