$5,200 for two for a 2 night stay in Star Wars hotel - worth it.

endofturn

Just read this article: https://www.insider.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-for-adults-revivew-photos-cost-disney-2022-5

Now, I know people like what people like. Some people like star wars, Harry Potter, marvel, etc a LOT. 

But I could take my family of 4 on 14 days of cruising for that price. I literally don't get it. 

8 minutes ago, ellcee said:

....and you don't have to get it. If it makes people happy and they can afford it, that's awesome. You can say that about cruising as well for people who book Star Class instead of regular rooms and going on more cruises or just about anything. 

Oh, I do say that too!

• 1 month later...

My husband is a HUGE Star Wars fan, you need to see his home office to understand.  He said its crazy to pay that for those two days but if I had the disposable income for it, I'd book it for him in a heart beat (him and our daughter's boyfriend).  Problem is all of our disposable income goes toward family vacations and it would be too much and a total waste for Me and Madison to go to the Star Wars thing.  Family time for us trumps individuals desire hands down 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge star wars fan, and yes if I won the lottery I would totally do it. However, at $2,500 a night for two people, I just can't justify the value. I have watched various youtube video's on it, and yes it was very cool. Some of the experience would be memorable for the 8 - 13 year old children for sure. They have small group exclusive experiences too. I'm sure they run them more than once. It is a well put together show. You do get frount of the line access to Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers run rides. The food for lunch and dinner did look good. But I would not say really any better than the Windjammer or main dining room. It's presented better sure, but at the end of the day, it's earth food. If was difficult to get the size of a state room, but I would guess probably around the size of a standard state room 180 - 200 square feet. 

Youtube has many video's on this. Warning, most contain spoilers of the experience. I've watch a few, and yeah originally I wanted to go. But, when I compare the cost to what I could get for the same amount, it just doesn't add up for me. You can probably get a 7 nigh Caribbean cruise with a suite for the same amount of money. Well, depending on the itinerary. But the point is, $2,500 for two nights, vs $5,000 for many more nights. I just can't see the value. 

At that cost, I really can't see it being sustainable business. For the same amount of money you could take a family of four to Disney for like 4 or 5 days. That's parks, meals, hotel, etc. What I think they will do probably next year is introduce a lower tier ticket structure. $2,000 for the same dining and experience, but you don't get the front of the line access, and maybe reduce a few other perks. Or they' make light saber training a paid for event. Disney has invested a lot of money into the property, if it doesn't generate the revenue needed and sales decline, they'll have no choice but to reduce the cost. Best advice is wait until either they announce it's closing, or the price has gone down. For now unless it is supper important to you, I would wait and invest your money in a better value holiday.

On 6/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, endofturn said:

Just read this article: https://www.insider.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-for-adults-revivew-photos-cost-disney-2022-5

Now, I know people like what people like. Some people like star wars, Harry Potter, marvel, etc a LOT. 

But I could take my family of 4 on 14 days of cruising for that price. I literally don't get it. 

Saw those a while ago.  Its worth it to some people, others its not.  To each his own.  Everyone has their own opinion of value and price point for some value.    "Is it worth it?" can only be answered by the person asking the question.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I WISH we could go to Disney for that price.  Just the 2 of us for 5 nights was double that and that only included hotel and park tickets !

I had no idea until recently how expensive park tickets had gotten. Friends just booked park tickets pre cruise in December and it was $3k 🤯 with accommodations over and above that. What the heck…

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wait until you price out a Disney Cruise....

Oh I know, it’s one of the reasons we made the switch to Royal. Out of curiosity I checked on prices over Christmas 2023 and a 1 BR concierge class suite on Fantasy is $37150 USD or $50773 CAD 🤯 Our star class ATS this Christmas is looking quite reasonable in comparison.  Nuts….

10 hours ago, Jax said:

Oh I know, it’s one of the reasons we made the switch to Royal. Out of curiosity I checked on prices over Christmas 2023 and a 1 BR concierge class suite on Fantasy is $37150 USD or $50773 CAD 🤯 Our star class ATS this Christmas is looking quite reasonable in comparison.  Nuts….

So did our family. We made the cut-off via our travel agent to make it cheaper. Somehow, it was around 8000 instead of the casual 12000 - 15000 grand on a balcony for a family of 4, 3 days. 6000 for us in a family balcony (Oasis OTS) and 7 nights.