Changing stateroom after PIF date

atmuma

Our PIF date has passed so of course empty rooms are starting to decrease in price.  I remember a discussion once about changing your room, but I can't really remember the details.  There are a couple higher room categories that are now right around the price I paid for our inside stateroom.  If I wanted to "upgrade" to one of these other rooms can I do so w/o penalty?  Is it upgrading my current reservation or is it a cancel and re-book thing which would of course have a penalty involved since we're after PIF.

If the new room is just under what I currently paid for we just eat the difference, correct?  I know I won't get any money back at this point.  If it's just a bit over, I just pay the difference?  Thanks for any info!!!

Awesome, thanks guys. Boardwalk balcony was only $51 more than my inside stateroom and includes the Johnny Rocket meal and soda pkg. So I figured why not. My TA hooked me up and I'm good to go. Thanks for the input!

Sounds like a good deal to take advantage of!