First cruise with the kids (7&4) Independence of the Seas

On 6/2/2022 at 8:27 AM, Livin Lively said:

Are lanyards helpful for them? We got them drink packages, how does that work? 

Lanyards will be helpful if you want them to be responsible for their SeaPass cards. The drink packages will be marked on their SeaPass cards so they can show the server their card and order their drinks or you can take their cards and get drinks for them.

Each person with a drink package will also be entitled to a souvenir cup that can be used at the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines.  You can pick that up on the Promenade when you board. Just ask where you see them selling the drink packages where to go to get the cups.

The drink package will also work on CocoCay!

On 6/2/2022 at 5:27 AM, Livin Lively said:

Looking for advice, tips tricks etc. for cruising with kiddos!

I know some things have changed since my son was little, but some things stay the same.

1. Sign them up for the kids' clubs and let them spend some time there.  They will have fun and get to meet some new friends.
  2. Yours is a little young but when they are a little older you need to decide if you want them to have the ability to charge on their cards.  It can get expensive if they are not careful, arcade, specialty ice cream, smoothies...
  3. In that same thought, when they are a little older make sure they understand what is free and what cost money.  My son got some ice cream one cruise and did not know it cost money until after he got it and he was shocked and really worried when he found out.  He was afraid I was going to get mad at him for charging.
  4. There is lots more to the ship than the pool.  Make sure you explore the ship with them.  To many parents spend the entire cruise at the pool with the kids and do not spend the time showing their kids the other things to do and see.
  5. Nap time.  They might not be used to naps but they are also not used to going from early in the morning to 10 or 11 at night.
  6. I did this on Disney Cruises but it will work on any of them.  Let them pack their bags and after they are done sneak a special gift in their bag with a special note.  Then when they go to unpack their bag they will have a special surprise.