Need help on testing dates

I am sailing on Oasis July 1, 2022... what is the earliest I can get covid tested? We will be on the road to NJ the day before we sail so if we test the day before we start travelling to the port we will not get the results until we are already in NJ. There are 9 of us in our group so I was hoping to have everyones results before we hit the road and I guess it takes 24 hours to get the results. So if cruise departs July 1 can we test on June 28 or does it have to be June 29? I do not want to get to NJ and have to turn around to bring people back to Massachusetts if they test positive and then return to NJ to catch the cruise. 

June 29th is your first available testing date.  You can get the rapid test, which will only take 15 minutes.   You can also do emed proctor by phone.   You will need to have a camera for the proctor to watch your test strip. Again, only 15 minutes. Good luck. 

5 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

So it is still the same as before, the day you sail does not count for the days before? Correct? Just want to make sure. 

Yes, the day you sail is considered day 0, you can still test that day but the day before is 1 and 2 days before is 2.......if that makes sense. I.E. if you cruise Sunday then Friday is day 2, Saturday is day one and that Sunday is day zero. 

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes, the day you sail is considered day 0, you can still test that day but the day before is 1 and 2 days before is 2.......if that makes sense. I.E. if you cruise Sunday then Friday is day 2, Saturday is day one and that Sunday is day zero. 

Thank you very much

@cruisecouple I would go for the emed at home tests. I've several times had last minute issues crop up with testing through either CVS or my doctors office and used the emed tests that I had as backup. Now I'm just using them as my go to option. Make sure to have a couple spares just in case there is an issue with one. There's enough time to order them now and then you can have a testing party 🙂

3 hours ago, KevinJ said:

@cruisecouple I would go for the emed at home tests. I've several times had last minute issues crop up with testing through either CVS or my doctors office and used the emed tests that I had as backup. Now I'm just using them as my go to option. Make sure to have a couple spares just in case there is an issue with one. There's enough time to order them now and then you can have a testing party 🙂

This is hands down the easiest and most stress free way to go!