Beer selection at Sea - Serenade from Vancouver

Wondering what the beer selection is on board these days and what bar on Serenade would have the best selection.

I am very aware of supply chain issues and shortages of certain brands of various libations have been limited but would welcome any recent guidance on what one might expect to find onboard next week.   While it's a bummer that the Crown and Castle pub is not open / staffed becuase of Covid / Capacity / Staffing (I get it), I am hoping someone can point me to the next best spot to find a decent selection of beers (taps or cans/bottles).    Any help is appreciated.  If this post is more sutable in the Dining section of the message boards, I trust Matt will point me in the right direction.  For which I will gladly buy him his beer of choice on Serenade next week.  Cheers!  🍻

Not sure of the entire beer listing, but I've not noticed any reduction in availability.  Also, on the Radiance of the Seas (20May2022 sailing), the Quill and Compass Pub was fully open and had several beers on draft including Newcastle Brown Ale.  I saw the standard beers available, Heineken, Amstel Light, Miller Light, Bud Light, Fosters.  I am sure there are others that I cannot recall.

I would expect similar on Serenade of the Seas.

I was on Serenade in December and, at least then, Crown and Castle was about the only place on board that had anything beyond just the usual suspects that all the onboard bars will have. That's definitely a bummer it won't be open for you. Aside from the beer issue, I enjoyed its location and layout. Good luck!

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Beer selection on most ships is pretty paltry to begin with.

^^This!

One of my biggest complaints over the years has been the poor beer selection.  Throw in some IPAs, seasonal offerings, etc would be nice.  On my last cruise, going out of Boston, I was hoping that they would take advantage of the Harpoon brewery being one block away and the Sam Adams brewery being less than a mile away and stock up on some variety, but my hopes were dashed.

I just go with the flow, but it would be nice to have more than usual major brands available.  I got lucky on one cruse when the pub had Sam Adams Lager.  I almost single handedly drank the couple of cases that they had.

But ultimately, any beer is better than no beer.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

^^This!

One of my biggest complaints over the years has been the poor beer selection.  Throw in some IPAs, seasonal offerings, etc would be nice.  On my last cruise, going out of Boston, I was hoping that they would take advantage of the Harpoon brewery being one block away and the Sam Adams brewery being less than a mile away and stock up on some variety, but my hopes were dashed.

I just go with the flow, but it would be nice to have more than usual major brands available.  I got lucky on one cruse when the pub had Sam Adams Lager.  I almost single handedly drank the couple of cases that they had.

But ultimately, any beer is better than no beer.

Out of Galveston of course you have the Texas liquor laws until you get out of international waters.  So I was drinking Shiner (while being a solid but unspectacular beer, was still better than anything else on board) until I could get half decent whiskey. By like 7pm they were out of Shiner.