Wow Deluxe Drink Package Prices ๐Ÿน

• Leroyr55 changed the title to Wow Deluxe Drink Package Prices ๐Ÿน

I'm on the Oddessy of the Seas for 10 nights in September. I got the drinks package for โ‚ฌ43 per day, however, I called them to book the cruise and pretended like I was questioning whether I could afford the cruise along with all the drinks etc. and then the person offered to include the drinks package half price. If you want to book it online now it's around $90.ย 

A friend of mine told me that's how he always does it. Might be worth giving it a go next time.

To get close to the break-even point you would have to drink 7.5 drinks a day per person - 98 x 2 = $196 per day for a seven day cruise = $1372 and just say the drinks are $13 = 105 drinks for the cruise broken down to 2 peopleย  = 52 drinks for the cruise and 7.5 drinks per day. That's quite a bit of drinking - doable but there are days you are in port or on excursions so you have to do some drinking when you get back on ship.

There is a point where the juice is not worth the squeeze...literally ย ๐Ÿ˜†

I think I'd rather pay as I go. I'm not a big drinker so I'd be fine with that option as I watch my daily expenses. I have caught several times where drinks were put on my tab and I haven't drank them so off I go to customer service - it happens.

It's looking more and more like our upcoming Alaska cruise will be the last one we take with the DBP.

The best "deal" that was ever available was $56.99 PP/PD a few months ago (Which I bought) with prices now bouncing around between $66.99 to $76.99.

These $98 to $105 prices are just going to be too much to bear. There's just no way we can justify paying as much as (or possibly more than) the cruise fare for drinks.

ย 

11 hours ago, BigMac3001 said:

This is why I decided not to go with a package. For my wife and I next week, it would cost us a grand. That's insane.ย 

Thank you. ย It really is too much. ย The Memorial Day sale deluxe drink price for my 7 night cruise on Radiance in Dec was $66. per person, today it is still $66. ย With gratuity it comes to $1090.32 this is more than I paid for the cruise! ย (Ocean View) ย 
ย 

Having said that I still prefer that Royal does not bundle drinks and charge higher fares that some of us could not afford. ย Am happy with what is included and the options/sales to buy the Royal Refreshment and Soda packages as well. ย I do wish Royal had one more package that included Beer and Wine for those of us who donโ€™t drink liquor. ย 

22 minutes ago, San Diego Garrett said:

For our June 25th Symphony cruise I was able to get the DBP for $57/day & the UDP for $166. I did score these prices about 9 months ago though. For my particular cruise Black Friday sales focused on Coco Cay where almost everything was 50% off.ย 

We are on the same cruise and got the refreshment drink package for $16/day, UDP for $166/pp and Thrill water park for $55/pp on black friday as wellย ๐Ÿ˜€.ย 

9 hours ago, Poleman88 said:

Here's for our October cruise. Crazy, the so called Memorial Day sale dropped like $5/day. See if one comes for July 4th

image.thumb.png.81389a9f5acb15254017cddae1061223.png

So-called sale indeed, for my 14 August Wonder of the Seas out of Barcelona the "BOGO 50% Off" sale price was actually $2 more per day than the non sale price I screenshoted the day before, LOL.ย  Royal math at it's worst!ย 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:35 PM, Leroyr55 said:

So I just looked at my cruise planner for our May 2023 cruise. $98.00 for the drink package. I sure hope the price comes down to a reasonable price in the coming months.ย 

I had to keep watching ours.....got down to $54, now it is at $75.ย  And our itinerary is essentially an uber......very port intensive.ย ย 

They need to give a discount per Crown & Anchor level.... example 5 or 10% for Platinum. I know once you get higher, you get free drinks, but would be nice to have something for the lower levels.ย 

Costs are beginning to be unreachableย 

16 hours ago, Poleman88 said:

Here's for our October cruise. Crazy, the so called Memorial Day sale dropped like $5/day. See if one comes for July 4th

image.thumb.png.81389a9f5acb15254017cddae1061223.png

ย 

6 hours ago, WhoCruiser said:

So-called sale indeed, for my 14 August Wonder of the Seas out of Barcelona the "BOGO 50% Off" sale price was actually $2 more per day than the non sale price I screenshoted the day before, LOL.ย  Royal math at it's worst!ย 

And now the next day it's up to $78.ย  It's enough to drive me to drink, if only I could still afford it... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

On 6/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, jticarruthers said:

Gotta keep that "record on board spending" going somehow ... for me its having the opposite effect, with prices going nuts I am doing more "booking with third parties for excursions" and "carrying on 2 bottles" again.

This makes me think of my early days of cruising, back when I was a young twenty something. We rinsed out some scope bottles and filled them with Vodka. Even after cleaning those bottles super well before hand we still had mint vodka drinks all week. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don't drink much anymore (no more than one drink a day on a cruise normally, and then maybe twice a year aside from cruising), but I do remember those smuggling days fondly.ย 

Not that I'm equating bringing liquor on board legally with what we did, it just made me think of it.

Have the prices for individual drinks gone up in the last year?ย  It seems like the package prices are soaring but I think the standard cocktail is still $13.ย  That's going to mess with the break even point.ย  Could they be intentionally trying to get fewer people to get the package?

39 minutes ago, bigboating said:

We are a party of 5 (2 adults/3 children) We booked 2 connecting rooms. Would we be allowed to bring 4 bottles of wine/champagne?

Technically if there is an adult in each cabin then it's two bottles per cabin for four total.ย  If the adults are booked in one cabin and the kids booked in the other then it's two bottles total.ย ย 

Having said that if each adult has two bottles in their own carry on that goes through the security x-ray separately then it's unlikely security will associate both carry on to the one cabin with both adults booked in that cabin.

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Have the prices for individual drinks gone up in the last year?ย  It seems like the package prices are soaring but I think the standard cocktail is still $13.ย  That's going to mess with the break even point.ย  Could they be intentionally trying to get fewer people to get the package?

I actually believe there is some validity to this theory as they are struggling with keeping inventory in stock. Maybe they think more people that buy per drink will be less wasteful and probably spent almost the same amount of money.ย 

Another theory would be the amount of people that took advantage of double points that are now D or higher have skyrocketed and they need to make up the cost of all those free drinks every day.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Mumzie said:

We are doing B2B2B cruises, total of 34 days, one would think or hope that there might be an additional discount for people doing B2B cruises longer that 7 days. ย  Current pricing is prohibitive, the cost of an entire cruise on a trans Atlantic.ย 

Getting your monies worth after that many days may require a liver transplant!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€