Towel question for Cocoa Cay

22 minutes ago, sunset1031 said:

I have read that you need to get your towels in the beginning of the cruise, hold on to it, and return at the end of cruise or you will be charged. Is it how it works?

No, each time you visit the towel station they will scan your sea pass card and record the number of towels you take or return.  You can and will visit the towel station multiple times on your cruise.  I have never been turned away from the towel station because I have taken too many towels.  You will be charged at the end of the cruise for any towels that are not returned.  I have seen errors occur so I try to make a point of asking the attendant how many towels are still assigned to my sea pass when I return towels, especially as the cruise nears its conclusion.

I have gotten towels at the towel station on Coco Cay.  However, they didn't have a sea pass reader so they had to manually record the information.  I was concerned that this provided too much room for error, so I take towels with me off the ship.  If the towels get wet or sandy you can exchange them at the Coco Cay towel station for clean ones and as long as its an even exchange they do not record anything.  Hope this helps.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:43 AM, smokeybandit said:

Yes, they had towel stations on the island. This is back in July so maybe they've changed things since then with staffing issues

I was able to get a towel at the coco cay towel station near oasis lagoon last week (6/2) and they had plenty there.