10 Days To Go And Beginning To Worry (Alaska)

So.....during the last 7 weeks, both of our kids and both myself and my spouse have had colds and the flu non-stop to today.  We have 10 days to go until boarding.

We tested negative for Covid several, several times up to yesterday.  My kids and I are virtually symptom free from our colds/flu but spouse started getting sick again two days ago.  

Again, not Covid.

We are masking up and avoiding large crowds, but still maintaining trips to the store, limited hours of in-person work, and the kids are finishing up school this week.

Is it time to panic?  We CANNOT reschedule our cruise for this summer.

Should we have contingency plans or is it still too early with ten (10) days remaining before boarding?

The cold has been running rampant all over the place.  I am in New England.  I got over one head/chest cold last week.  I am now working on cold #2 - thanks to my granddaughter.  Both times I have tested negative and my granddaughter has tested negative.  

I would not panic. You can go on the cruise with a cold - just be kind to others and keep that facemask on.  I would recommend trying to distance yourself from your spouse by sleeping in another room and eating at a different table and taking care of your kids yourself.  Use disinfectant on surfaces  your spouse could have touched.  And have your spouse where a facemask in house.  Yeah, you may still come down with a cold but at least you can't say that you did not try.  Good luck!

On 5/31/2022 at 11:36 AM, CruisingNewb said:

So.....during the last 7 weeks, both of our kids and both myself and my spouse have had colds and the flu non-stop to today.  We have 10 days to go until boarding.

We tested negative for Covid several, several times up to yesterday.  My kids and I are virtually symptom free from our colds/flu but spouse started getting sick again two days ago.  

Again, not Covid.

We are masking up and avoiding large crowds, but still maintaining trips to the store, limited hours of in-person work, and the kids are finishing up school this week.

Is it time to panic?  We CANNOT reschedule our cruise for this summer.

Should we have contingency plans or is it still too early with ten (10) days remaining before boarding?

I hope you are all feeling better soon. Good luck and keep us informed. I've been self-quarantining as best as I can. We test on Tuesday and I'm so dang nervous about it. 

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

If I may ask, did you need to pay reschedule charges?

No, because the cancelled cruise was under Cruise with Confidence, so I was able to cancel for a 100% FCC and no penalty. My flights were refundable so that was also easily cancelled.

The only cost I incurred was a penalty for cancelling my rental cars because I had chosen to prepay and get a lower rate (I had booked the car a couple days earlier when I thought we were in the clear to go).

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No, because the cancelled cruise was under Cruise with Confidence, so I was able to cancel for a 100% FCC and no penalty. My flights were refundable so that was also easily cancelled.

The only cost I incurred was a penalty for cancelling my rental cars because I had chosen to prepay and get a lower rate (I had booked the car a couple days earlier when I thought we were in the clear to go).

Good to hear!

Update: the family is finally free of the cold/flu aside from my seldom occurring drippy nose which might be allergies.

bad news: my oldest child was possibly exposed to 2 kids with COVID at school and I was exposed to someone with COVID last Tuesday. I tested negative, but according to my doctor, I tested a day early and might still develop symptoms. Ugh. Fingers crossed.