When does the cruise planner become available?

After 4 cruises with NCL, I finally decided to book my first Royal Caribbean cruise on Harmony of the Seas sailing in Jan 2024 and wanted to see what the planner had to offer and maybe follow Matt's advice and book a drink package early to lock myself into a rate. But when I clicked "plan my cruise" from RCI account, I got the attached error. I know my sailing is a while away, but I couldn't find anything regarding when the cruise planner opens to guests, nor has this been a problem when sailing with NCL, so I figured I'd ask before i bother RCI's IT dept with a stupid question.

If it makes a difference, I did go with a travel agent. Thanks everyone

Screenshot_20220530-202325_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Raven said:

Did you book your cruise yet or not?  I ask because you mentioned using a travel agent or not.   You can not plan your cruise until it's booked,  but as soon as it is booked you should be able to purchase drink packages and everything else.  

OP said they booked but cruise is too far away to purchase drink packages and everything else. Lots of things can change between now and Jan 2024, which is why most planners don't populate until at least 10mth beforehand.

• 6 months later...

Is it just by luck that some people can book excursions for July 2024 or does RCCL decide when to let you book? I have noticed some people can already book certain things for cruises in July 2024. We have yet to have anything available. I know it is a long time away, we are just trying to stay ahead of the game. Any info would be appreciated. Happy Cruising!!