Splashaway Bay Slides for smaller kids who are potty-trained

So we already had our first cruise and we had a blast at the Symphony of the Seas! We are planning our 2nd cruise and looking at maybe cruising with Freedom or Independence. QUestion on the splashaway bay in either of those ships. Is there a slide for toddlers around 3.5yrs old in age under the 42inch height requirement? I know there's a baby splash zone but what about for smaller kids?

Reason I asked is because my son had a lot of fun in the non-potty trained section of the Symphony although he is potty-trained. On our last day at sea, the staff scolded us for allowing him to slide in that particular section. We were asked to move to the bigger slide section but he wasn't allowed to get on the big slides either. Good thing that there was a slide similar to the one in the non-potty trained section. 

Before booking another cruise, I just want to make sure there would be a slide for him because that's what he ultimately enjoyed in the cruise.

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Unfortunately your son is in that middle ground of too old for the infant pool, but too short for the slides in Splashaway Bay.

My youngest daughter was in this situation for a while until she got tall enough.

It sucks. My son broke into tears when he was stopped by the staff as he attempted to go on the yellow big slide at Symphony. We had a great first experience cruising with Symphony and that was the only negative thing I'd mention about the cruise. I am considering to cruise on Carnival instead because they seem to be more child-friendly.

1 hour ago, IzzyB said:

What are he height restrictions on the Symphony boat?  My son is 43" and loves water slides, but I wasn't sure what he could or could not do. 

I honestly didn't see the sign but there's a height marker right by the steps to the slide. From what I read online though, it's 48inches. There's a double slide for smaller children in the big slide section at the back that he can use. 

Untitled.jpg

Thanks.  He will be OK with that one, but probably disappointed he can't do the big ones.  Which is what happens when we go to Gatlinburg indoor water park, but they have a splash area with more slides than just two straight ones.  We are at a Marriott and he can do the real slide since he can swim, so you just have to pass a swim test if you are under 48"