WIFI Calling and At and T on the ship

Tret

Sorry to hear about your issue. I used to be an At&T customer. I have never had an issue when I was traveling with AT&T as my cellphone service provider. Prior to covid i did do a lot of international travel and never had any instance of getting charged for wifi calls. The only time I did get charged was due to the fact that I forgot to put airplain keep airplane mode on after landing. 

Did not have any issues using WIFI calls on on our AT&T account onboard. The only issue we had was an auto update occurring overnight and resetting the data roaming to on. Noticed it right away and turned it off. Cost us $9 on our bill, not enough to worry but made us very vigilant and turned off auto update when on a cruise.

Make sure cellular data is turned off in addition to being in airplane mode. I know it’s supposed to turn off when airplane mode is selected, but I’ve seen weirder things happen. 

Our AT&T plan includes Mexico, so when we were there, I used cellular data and turned it back off when we left.  I did the same in St Thomas.  I never accrued any charges.