Mediterranean in October?

murphmatic

My wife and I are doing a bit of homework on a possible Mediterranean cruise in October of 2018.

Question: how is the weather in October? We chose that month as it is after the busy summer season and easier for us to fly (we fly non-rev). 

So does anyone have any experience with being in either the eastern or western Med in October?

Thanks in advance!

When my wife and I go to Europe, unlike many European travelers on holiday; we aren't looking for a day at the beach. We go to be to be immersed in the culture, the food, the architecture, the history, and well...the sightseeing.

In general the weather can be cool and rainy. We have sailed in October and mid-November and were quite comfortable with long pants and a light jacket. Fewer other tourists--bonus! Hotel rooms are also about $100 a night cheaper in Oct/Nov.

If you are looking for beach time? Well yeah, the Canaries, St. Tropez, Ibiza, and the Greek isles are legendary in June, July, and August. If you are going for the experience, I don't think there is a better time than in Fall.

Got a built-in tan so we really aren't laying-out-on-the-beach types. 
But I just didn't want it to be cold and dreary. 
75 degrees F is a good daytime temp. Don't mind if it got cool at night.

Thanks everybody! We have to now figure out eastern vs. western. That more or less will hinge on what it is we want to see and do.