Oasis of the Seas May 8th Sailing Preview

@CTcruisers88when you were on the Oasis did you feel like the staff was short handed? I know I've been hearing mixed accounts. Some people have said the service hasn't been as good due to not having enough crew while others felt their cruise experience was perfectly fine. I won't care too much as long as lines at the bars aren't out the door. Also did you feel overcrowded at all at any of the venues or on coco cay? I know RCL is getting more and more passengers so I am expecting my cruise in June to be at capacity or close to it. 

I love the Oasis.  I was on her twice this year and I did not feel they were understaffed.  And nothing seemed over crowded.  Was  very nice.   Although the solarium bistro was closed.  Maybe closed for staffing?   Great food and service.

Question! We will be sailing out of Jersey next may and this is our first ever cruise. What hotel did you stay at and did you drive and park to the port or have the hotel bring you? Definitely don't want to miss our cruise or get lost. thank you from NH!

3 hours ago, lbrownnh said:

Question! We will be sailing out of Jersey next may and this is our first ever cruise. What hotel did you stay at and did you drive and park to the port or have the hotel bring you? Definitely don't want to miss our cruise or get lost. thank you from NH!

If you look around Newark Airport you will find pretty much all the major hotel chains. This is only around 20+ or so minutes away from the port and a very easy drive. Best parking option is the garage next to the port. Park and it's just a short walk to the entry to the Cruise Terminal.

1 hour ago, Mr. Green said:

If you look around Newark Airport you will find pretty much all the major hotel chains. This is only around 20+ or so minutes away from the port and a very easy drive. Best parking option is the garage next to the port. Park and it's just a short walk to the entry to the Cruise Terminal.

Excellent thank you!! 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, leesam82 said:

@CTcruisers88when you were on the Oasis did you feel like the staff was short handed? I know I've been hearing mixed accounts. Some people have said the service hasn't been as good due to not having enough crew while others felt their cruise experience was perfectly fine. I won't care too much as long as lines at the bars aren't out the door. Also did you feel overcrowded at all at any of the venues or on coco cay? I know RCL is getting more and more passengers so I am expecting my cruise in June to be at capacity or close to it. 

On 5/31/2022 at 3:05 AM, Linda R said:

I love the Oasis.  I was on her twice this year and I did not feel they were understaffed.  And nothing seemed over crowded.  Was  very nice.   Although the solarium bistro was closed.  Maybe closed for staffing?   Great food and service.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, leesam82 said:

I was on Oasis May 15th and I didn't feel like they were short-handed.  The Solarium Bistro was open when I was on. Coco Cay was terrific; plenty of lounge chairs to choose from.  The only time I felt it was crowded was in the pool areas.  This is the third RC ship I've been on and don't remember feeling like the other two were so crowded.

10 hours ago, lbrownnh said:

We live between Providence and Boston and drove to the port. It was roughly 3 1/2 hours.  Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ.  It’s an industrial area, but there’s a couple of restaurants and an outlet shopping area right there.  Walmart between the hotel and the port, and an easy ride to get there.  We’re doing a. Short trip next June and will likely do the same arrangements.  Hope some of that helps.

On 6/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

We live between Providence and Boston and drove to the port. It was roughly 3 1/2 hours.  Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ.  It’s an industrial area, but there’s a couple of restaurants and an outlet shopping area right there.  Walmart between the hotel and the port, and an easy ride to get there.  We’re doing a. Short trip next June and will likely do the same arrangements.  Hope some of that helps.

This is the Same place we stayed at, agree with what you said