What's the farthest you'd travel for a cruise?

Flew to every cruise on the way to making Pinnacle then moved to Florida.  I think I got it backwards.  That was a lot of flying and a lot of hotel stays to cruise. Some flights were direct but many involved layovers and 8 hour days.  While I only had a two hour time change the clock wasn't working with me flying to the cruise.  Have also flown to Europe and Australia to cruise and from Hawaii to the mainland after a cruise.  The flying to cruise made B2B cruises more appealing and short cruises unappealing. 

After moving to Florida I had to rethink the way I cruise.  Short cruises opened back up as a possibility although I still prefer longer cruises.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Flew to every cruise on the way to making Pinnacle then moved to Florida.  I think I got it backwards.  That was a lot of flying and a lot of hotel stays to cruise. Some flights were direct but many involved layovers and 8 hour days.  While I only had a two hour time change the clock wasn't working with me flying to the cruise.  Have also flown to Europe and Australia to cruise and from Hawaii to the mainland after a cruise.  The flying to cruise made B2B cruises more appealing and short cruises unappealing. 

After moving to Florida I had to rethink the way I cruise.  Short cruises opened back up as a possibility although I still prefer longer cruises.  

You also get a ton of repositioning cruises, right? Any that you can take one way and then take another ship back? I think Florida is the place to be for cruising.

On 6/1/2022 at 2:54 AM, EmersonNZ said:

My 'worst week fo travel was LA -> Washington played a game of Waterpolo), Washington -> LA (training in moning), LA - Auckland (Played a game of Waterpolo) Auckland -> Sydney (another game), Sydney -> Perth (another game), Perth -> LA (Via Auckland as stop over, never left airport). I say a week as it was only 7 days for me but it was a bit more given time zone changes.

By the end of it I had no idea if i wa coming or going or where I was waking up each day.

Not for a cruise, but I had a one week trip where I flew Kansas City - Chicago - London - Dubai - Singapore - Hong Kong - Tokyo - Dallas - Kansas City. I practically live on airplanes doing longhaul flights, but that trip still haunts me 10+ years later. 

If you are keeping track of how far someone is will to travel for a cruise, we have both sides of the argument under our belts.  We live in central Florida and home port out of Canaveral.  We have done two European cruises (Copenhagen and Dover), and two/three west coast (LA and Vancouver).  We had a Tokyo planned and a Brisbane also, both missed during the 2020 to 2022 cancellations.