Change to Early Dinner Seating

whitsmom

When my son-n-law booked our cruise, he did not have the early seating option.  We have 2 young ones and 2 older ones so I would like to change to the early dinner seating for our group.  We cruise in July and we have had our cruise booked many months.  I really do hope this is an option to change.  Have any of you had to do this and if so, did you call them?

If there are still openings now for the early seating a call to them should take care of it.

if not, then you would have to wait till on board to talk to them...or look into MTD perhaps?

We talked about the MTD; however, I have never done this and I really like the idea of sitting at the same table every night.  I guess we just need to call and see.  If not, then I guess will can do the MTD.  MTD would probably make more sense when scheduling the shows. 

My experience last year on the Allure with MTD was not good. We had a group of 6 and finding us a table for dinner at 6:30 had us waiting for up to 20 minutes plus getting shuffled around every night. I recommend you call RCI or have your travel agent call and go for the early seating in the MDR. That will work out for the shows.

On Oasis when we booked it was only 8:30 even though it was 13 months out but about 90 days out early opened up.  I was able to change to the early then so if there is a long time before your cruise it might be a while before they open the early time.

We talked about the MTD; however, I have never done this and I really like the idea of sitting at the same table every night.  I guess we just need to call and see.  If not, then I guess will can do the MTD.  MTD would probably make more sense when scheduling the shows. 

You can treat MTD like regular main dining, if you plan on arriving at the same time every night.  Tell them you'll be there at, say 6:30 each night, and they'll keep the same table and staff for you.  With young kids we prefer the early dining, and if it's full, we select MTD and just make a standing reservation at the early seating time.

You can treat MTD like regular main dining, if you plan on arriving at the same time every night.  Tell them you'll be there at, say 6:30 each night, and they'll keep the same table and staff for you.  With young kids we prefer the early dining, and if it's full, we select MTD and just make a standing reservation at the early seating time.

This is exactly what we do.  It's easiest to do something like this if you are in the very first "wave".  We always book dinner at the earliest possible time (usually 5:30 for MTD) so consequently, we are the first ones being served and they have no time/situation to get behind schedule.  We always have our little table for 2 waiting for us at 5:30.  I actually prefer this to traditional dining.

My experience last year on the Allure with MTD was not good. We had a group of 6 and finding us a table for dinner at 6:30 had us waiting for up to 20 minutes plus getting shuffled around every night. I recommend you call RCI or have your travel agent call and go for the early seating in the MDR. That will work out for the shows.

I was afraid of that!  We will have to call RCI and see, if at all possible, about the early seating.

One other note. If you want early seating traditional dining and it is unavailable, ask to be put on the waitlist.  In my experiences, waitlists almost always come through.  Your travel agent can assist with putting you on the waitlist.

I was wait listed last year for early dinner seating and I got it.  They hadn't notified me of the change but when I looked at the online check in screen my time had changed.

That is what always happens to me.  I've been waitlisted many times and they have always come through, except one time.  In that one time, I went to speak to head waiter in MDR on embarkation day and he immediately had us changed to our preferred dining rotation without any hesitation.