I was devastated!

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

What are Savory Bites? Do you order them in the MDR?  Are they on other ships?

Savory Bites are a special bread. In my opinion, they are THE BEST food item normally available on Royal.

Years ago, they were among the always-available bread selection in the MDR. Now, they are only available on request. They are normally available on all ships - this was the first time I have been unable to get them.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, rjac said:

We have always asked and been provided. "didn't have the required flour" sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. 😎

Now that I know what Savory Bites are, I can tell you as a bread maker that the type of flour does matter.  I have tried switching flours in recipes before and it was a disaster. I also know at the beginning of the pandemic, King Arthur Bakery was having such a hard time filling their flour orders that they created a new size: 3 lbs.  This was instead of their traditional 5 lb bag.  This was to help meet the demand for specialty flours.

I bet you never thought you would learn so much about flour on a cruise blog.  LOL!

We were introduced to "savory bites" on the Harmony before the covid shutdown by a table mate.  We liked them and decided to ask for them on our Jewel cruise in April; the taste was the same but they were very crunchy (almost pretzel like}; I thought they were more bread like on Harmony.  Oh the wife asked for them on night 1, and they should up on night 2 and every night after that.