Repricing after final payment

Hello all! 

I was under the impression you could call for a reprice if you see your cruise fare go down and if it was after final payment you would get an onboard credit. 

The TA I booked with just replied that they won't do a reprice after final payment. 

Any insight? 

Q

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program?

A

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

For more information on the Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee for sailings booked on or before March 31, 2022, that depart on or before September 30, 2022, click here.

Send this link to your TA because they are wrong.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

49 minutes ago, Shari said:
Q

A

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

For more information on the Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee for sailings booked on or before March 31, 2022, that depart on or before September 30, 2022, click here.

Send this link to your TA because they are wrong.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

I'd also fire that TA.  Lazy or incompetent!

30 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

I'd also fire that TA.  Lazy or incompetent!

I'd already decided I wouldn't use again after I mentioned I wanted the option during dining where they come pick up your child after 45 minutes so they could play. He had no clue about it and didn't offer to call and inquire. 

7 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

I'd already decided I wouldn't use again after I mentioned I wanted the option during dining where they come pick up your child after 45 minutes so they could play. He had no clue about it and didn't offer to call and inquire. 

Fwiw that option hasn't returned post covid. Unless they've started doing it in the last month 

1 hour ago, Shari said:
Q

A

Thanks. I've always booked direct prior to this. If I try and call myself do you know if they will redirect me to the TA? I'd rather do that than go back and forth with this guy. 

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Fwiw that option hasn't returned post covid. Unless they've started doing it in the last month 

Hmmm. I booked an April cruise in March 2022 through royal directly and the rep offered it as an option. That's how I found out about it. Then I had to postpone the April trip. When I rebooked for August I was able to get a better price through USAA travel (the current TA). 

I think I may just call royal today and see what my options are. I had a feeling I should have just booked direct again. Not liking the middle man thing. 

15 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Thanks. I've always booked direct prior to this. If I try and call myself do you know if they will redirect me to the TA? I'd rather do that than go back and forth with this guy. 

Really depends.  I've called and asked questions and they answered without asking about a TA and I've called and they did ask and told me to call the TA, it's frustrating.  However, they will not do much when it involves changes to your booking.  If you don't want to use your TA anymore for this booking, you'll have to fire them and tell them to revert the booking back to Royal.  I know, I just had issues with my TA and told them that I was totally and completely unsatisfied with something they did.  They asked me if I wanted to convert my booking back to Royal.  I didn't because of the OBCs they offer.  But, I did tell them that this would be my last booking with them.  There are other TAs that offer the same OBCs and don't lie to their customers.  We have booked for about 2 decades with them, mostly upgraded bookings.  This is with my wife and I and my old Army Buddy and his wife AND my youngest daughter and her kids and her kid's friends that they pay for to go along.  So, that's a lot of bookings they are going to lose in the future because of one little lie.  One cruise alone was over $35K.

21 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Hmmm. I booked an April cruise in March 2022 through royal directly and the rep offered it as an option. That's how I found out about it. Then I had to postpone the April trip. When I rebooked for August I was able to get a better price through USAA travel (the current TA). 

I think I may just call royal today and see what my options are. I had a feeling I should have just booked direct again. Not liking the middle man thing. 

All you'd want to do to take advantage of this in the future should they reimplement this is to book the early seating. Then it's ad hoc if you drop your kid off during dinner

Last week I called Costco Travel and the agent told me I could not reprice and RCL would only let me reprice one time.  She would not do anything and dropped the call.  I called back knowing it was not correct.  The next agent got me a reprice that gave me $550 OBC on a $2000 cruise.  They then sent me to a supervisor that said they would follow up with the first agent and sent me a Costco card for $50 for my troubles.  So, the answer is most of the time you can reprice.

22 hours ago, Wanderlust876 said:

I was under the impression you could call for a reprice if you see your cruise fare go down and if it was after final payment you would get an onboard credit. 

That was the policy under the Cruise with Confidence program.

The CwC program ended and the policy is back to the old one where there are no price adjustments after final payment date.

However....

If you booked your cruise under CwC and it sails before Sep 30, 2022, you can still do price matches after final payment date.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

That was the policy under the Cruise with Confidence program.

The CwC program ended and the policy is back to the old one where there are no price adjustments after final payment date.

However....

If you booked your cruise under CwC and it sails before Sep 30, 2022, you can still do price matches after final payment date.

Matt, it looks like they moved the "Up to 48 hours guarantee" to the Beast Price Guarantee Program.  This is from the RCL site.  What is the Best Price Guarantee Program? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

6 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Matt, it looks like they moved the "Up to 48 hours guarantee" to the Beast Price Guarantee Program.  This is from the RCL site.  What is the Best Price Guarantee Program? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

That is the same policy Matt was talking about. It has the same criteria of sailing before Sept. 30, 2022 and booked by March 31st. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

That is the same policy Matt was talking about. It has the same criteria of sailing before Sept. 30, 2022 and booked by March 31st. 

No you are miss reading it.  The first paragraph is for the "Best Price Guarantee Program".  The second program talks about the Cruise With Confidence and a link to that information.

2 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

No you are miss reading it.  The first paragraph is for the "Best Price Guarantee Program".  The second program talks about the Cruise With Confidence and a link to that information.

@Traveling Mike, I read your link and I have to agree with the others.  Yes,  the first paragraph does say "Best Price Guarantee Program" but the second paragraph says "Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee". Both names use "Best Price Guarantee". That is what makes me think they are both the same. 

20 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I believe that is out of date information based on the now concluded Cruise with Confidence program.

Update. I got someone at the TA willing to call Royal. He said they told him they were unable to re-price mine based on the original fare I had booked? Something about how it was 50 percent off? It didn't make much sense to me and if I book another cruise I will be going through Royal directly. Ugh. 

20 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Update. I got someone at the TA willing to call Royal. He said they told him they were unable to re-price mine based on the original fare I had booked? Something about how it was 50 percent off? It didn't make much sense to me and if I book another cruise I will be going through Royal directly. Ugh. 

Were you booked on a group rate?

6 hours ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Not that I'm aware of.  I called USAA and booked two cabins. It was about $150 less than booking with Royal directly so I went with them. 

If you are sure you were comparing apples to apples (same exact room category) and your price is truly less with the TA than it would be by booking directly with Royal, then you are in group space.  That is the one and only way a TA price can be lower than Royal's published price.

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you are sure you were comparing apples to apples (same exact room category) and your price is truly less with the TA than it would be by booking directly with Royal, then you are in group space.  That is the one and only way a TA price can be lower than Royal's published price.

I wondered about this when I booked. When booking he just kept saying with your USAA discount it's "x" price. So perhaps it was booked through some kind of group block. 

• 9 months later...

I believe repricing days are gone!

According to RC site you only have 48hrs:

Spot a better price on your booked cruise?

Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

18 hours ago, Andrey said:

I know what the RC site says, but that's not an indication of any change.

The ability to reprice up to final payment date isn't detailed on the site, but it's something travel agents are still able to do.

20 hours ago, Andrey said:

Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

The 48 hours thing and the "Best Price Guarantee" referred to after final payment.  There's been no change to repricing before final payment. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, Just an update on this - this price change gaurantee is only 48 hours from when you BOOKED not from when you sail. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

A

Yes. Not to be confused with the Cruise with Confidence Promotion…which is no longer available. That program was to entice bookings right after the shutdown lifted. 

With this….If you book a cruise after the final payment date…then you are eligible to reprice it at a lower rate within forty eight hours of the booking date. The difference will be applied as Onboard Credit. This appears to be the only time where a cruise can be repriced at a lower rate after the final payment date. If you book prior to the final payment date…then you can reprice for a lower balance due.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:31 AM, Wanderlust876 said:

Hello all! 

The TA I booked with just replied that they won't do a reprice after final payment. 

Any insight? 

I understand the newer information shows you cannot reprice to a lower price after final pymt.